Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whyte 905 – im 6ft 2in (32 leg) Large or xl – buying online so advice helpful?
  • andyd6
    Free Member

first MBT, use everything (track, trail, paths, winter riding)

fail in the middle of sizes, so please help from those who know?

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I’m the same measurements and have a 2-year-old XL 901. Fits me nicely.

mboy
    Free Member

Go into your local Whyte dealer and try one out for size…

Whyte is a brand that even if you buy online, you have to collect in store anyway, so you might as well find your nearest dealer and get a sit on one…

FWIW I think on the newer 2017 geometry you’ll probably be a Large, on the older frame you’d probably want an XL (ETT has got a bit longer).

andyd6
    Free Member

Thanks it’s last years 2016, to be honest even if I sat on it as first MTB would not know until out riding x time.

From experience which way would you go?

skids
    Free Member

I would say large, that will definitely fit you but XL might me too big. You have incredibly short legs if your height is accurate

treklee
    Free Member

Same height and inseem as you, and always buy large bikes. Tried a few xl, but they just feel to big and long.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Good greif man, you must look like a dachund

andyd6
    Free Member

Sausage dog hey at 6ft 2, 32/33 inseam mmm 🙂 looks like ordering large tomorrow??

transition1
    Free Member

I am just over 6ft 1/2 with 32″ so a long torso. I just built up an XL Smuggler against everyone’s opinion of riding a Large.
    Sadly off bike at moment but was great when I rode it & that was with a 50mm stem & 483 reach!
    Bike now has a 35mm stem fitted

glenh
    Free Member

Surely if you have a long torso for your height, you want to be going with the XL? It’s the length that matters. Saddles go up and down.

treklee
    Free Member

I prefer sitting up more then stretching out

blurty

XL for sure

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 905 – im 6ft 2in (32 leg) Large or xl – buying online so advice helpful?’ is closed to new replies.