Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whyte 46 (old) adjustable travel
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Cant find in google or the Whyte site.

2007 model what do I move to switch between 4 and 6 inch?

teamslug
    Free Member

if its like the old marin bikes, which i think it is, there is a quick release lever on one of the shock mounts. Move it up and down….

http://bikemagic.com/wp-content/uploads/old_images/news/images/whyte46ii_side_big.jpg

edit…bottom shock mount….

z1ppy

wot he said ^^^
    IIRC if no QR then you have the later 150mm ‘only’ version

Limy
    Free Member

On the 2007 model there isn’t the travel adjust. On the 2004 – 2006 as said above there is a QR on the shock mounts but this isn’t on the 2007 model

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

In the manuals geometry section it mentions

“Through bolt in the top hole” and “Through bolt in bottom hole”
    and has two different figures for each regarding angles lengths.

I did not know what bolt they were referring too but if it cant be adjusted it will have stay at what it is.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

photo.JPG by Alpine160, on Flickr

Limy
    Free Member

Its the bolt on the front linkage. As far as i know though it doesn’t change the travel just adjusts the angles.

z1ppy

indeedy, looking at pictures any adjustment is done by changing which bolt hole you use on the front/base of the swinging arm.

wwaswas

Didn’t they introduce an ‘Alpine’ link that changed the geometry a bit?

Limy
    Free Member

The Alpine link was an aftermarket link you could use instead of the front linkage to slacken off the angles. It was designed for the older models. If used on the 2007 model the rear tyre buzzed the seatube of the frame.

z1ppy

Whyte bike 46 2007 info page

while two shock positions change handling. Whyte now utilises the popular TARA travel adjust (as used in the Marin range) to give an XC friendly 350mm (13.7in) BB height, 68.7/70.9 geometry and 140mm of travel while the other setting drops ride height to 338mm, slackens geometry to 67.7/69.9 and gives the full 150mm of travel

Does the 100-150mm refer to the fork?

wwaswas

Does the 100-150mm refer to the fork?

If it’s a DUC then yes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 46 (old) adjustable travel’ is closed to new replies.