Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Whyte 19 Carbon
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I was just in the LBS and they were building a Whyte 19 Carbon up for stock, when they finish they weighed it with their Park workshop scale, 22.08 lbs (with the reflectors and bell, but no pedals). That was the XT version FFS, how much is the light version going to weigh? :mrgreen:

phildowling
    Free Member

They are great bikes, rode mine in the Merida and loved it, weighs 21.9 on our scales without the shinny extra bits 😀

Descends really well for a race bike

Dibbs
    Free Member

Must, resist, temptation….. 🙁

tang
    Free Member

i want one

crispybacon
    Free Member

So when are you getting one then Dibbs?

Your Whyte stable won’t be complete without one 😉

judderman
    Free Member

The Team version weighs 20.2lbs!!!!!!!!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Less than 7 left at the importer…

judderman
    Free Member

6 then?

grahamh
    Free Member

Frame weight is dependant on how much filler they put on the frame.
    Or so Mr Alexander Srn told us when he was out on a 19 team addition the other week.

The-Badger
    Free Member

Its beautiful. I only wish i wasnt so chubby – then I could almost justify one to myself….

I am still trying not to buy the 19 Titanium… i’ve got less excuses for that one.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Lovely curvy Ti 😈

nicko74

oooh, tempting – and I already have a Soda! Although it may just be the sunset (in the pic) making me think that…

phildowling
    Free Member

judderman
    Free Member

as I understand it there are no more ti’s avalible and there are no plans to make anymore 🙁

judderman
    Free Member

by the way was it you I spoke to at the last feed station at the Merida on sunday Phil? I was riding the Charge Duster Ti

phildowling
    Free Member

ah ha! Yes it was mate 😀 Nice bike btw

GJP
    Free Member

I have been told my small 19 carbon frame arrives 5th May 🙂

Just been to cycleworks and seen the green team edition which they had in medium and it weighed in at 22 lbs. Hoping to get mine closer/sub 21 with mainly XTR and Stans wheels.

Pity I haven’t ridden for over 6 weeks due to illness 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

You should manage that without too much trouble!

The green one does look pretty awesome! I’d be looking to go sub 20!

GJP
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    You should manage that without too much trouble!

The green one does look pretty awesome! I’d be looking to go sub 20!

njee20 – Sub 20 lbs would be great but seems unrealistic at least in the short term as I do not wish to lay out many more £100s once buying the frame.

Any inexpensive tips to reduce weight gratefully accepted – although I have been buying most of the stuff along the way since I ordered the frame back in Dec.

The expensive items I have are some new 2009 SID Teams, my exising Stans ZTR Olympics on Hope Pro IIs and some new XTR stuff.

I am planning on using an XT chainset in the interim. As I can’t afford or not willing to spend £600 on the FSA carbon BB30 jobbie like Dibbs (who converted it to a single speed FFS :lol:)

I have some new Thomson finishing kit which happens to be the right size so was planning on using that – but obviously not the lightest stuff.

Any ideas anyone?

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Is there a weight limit for these frames?

I could get a lot of flex out of a E120 – Id be worried about snapping one of these.

Mind you, I like the idea of the pasty carrier attached to the seatpost……get a couple of Ginsters in there….

Cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 19 Carbon’ is closed to new replies.