Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Why's my i player not working?
  • Pook

I’ve downloaded somethig, and it’s not expired. When i try to play it, it just doesn’t work. Goes to the player screen, but then freezes.

What’s going on?

Pook

downloaded something different. Tried original thing, worked.

Stupid tempremental iplayer

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

iPlayer can be bloody temperamental. I’ve had that problem before, as well as some programmes not downloading because I’m apparently ‘not in the UK’ and other stuff. The software is less than perfect, and I think some of the files can be corrupted. It’s a P2P system, I think, so you’re not downloading direct just from the BBC, but also other people who have the files on their computers. I think.

I could be wrong. I think iPlayer used to be P2P, but isn’t any more.

retro83
    Free Member

I have this problem sometimes too.

Mines also recently developed a habit of stopping every 20 mins to buffer (despite 15mbit connection being virtually idle), then when it restarts the playback, i get 2 copies of the audio playing – one delayed by about a second. Weird. It’s like some trippy echo effect from Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons.

Also the time now stays permanently visible, sure that used to disappear when you moved the mouse away from the time bar thingy at the bottom.

Edit: Just had a quick search, and some other people are having the same issues as me, double audio, frequent buffering etc. Just in case any body on else has the same problem: Linky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Why's my i player not working?’ is closed to new replies.