Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Why would this buyer not return my emails?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

We have carried out monthly work for Company A for over 7 years. Company A was bought by Company B earlier this year and back in March I'm told that our services are no longer required as Company B is moving it to another third party they already use.
    I speak to a/the buyer at Company B and explain who we are/the work that we did for Company A and ask if he'd like a price for the same work to be carried out. He says yes and I ask for some extra details (volumes involved, etc) and he says he'll get them for me.
    I then hear nothing. I've sent a couple of emails since (basically asking for the opportunity to supply a price as I'm sure we can undercut their existing supplier) but still no reply.
    I don't want to be pushy so have not pestered on the phone/by email. He's fully aware that we can easily do the job required, are well located and have a long standing history with the original company they took over.
    Any company buyers out there – Why should he be ignoring me??

uplink
    Free Member

email init?

Pick the phone up & ask for a face to face

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

how many scenarios would you like ?
    a) you smell
    b) B's person is in a love tryst with snapper D
    c) B's person is now dead
    d) you have been classed as spam

etc

crazy-legs

I've had emails in the past asking why I/the company haven't responded, it could be for any one of a dozen possibilities: emails not getting through, responsibilities changed, person is on holiday and hasn't set their out-of-office etc.

Every time I've sorted it with one phone call. People just don't use the phone anymore – even at our office, people will email their request rather than walk 10ft across the office to speak to each other. 🙁

Give the company a call.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I'll go old school and call 🙂

Pook

People just don't use the phone anymore

we do that so we have a record. Sometimes it's nice to speak to people on the phone though – except today where i had the fantastic comment to me
    after I'd introduced myself

"mmmm, well I know what the answer will be so…"
    "you don't even know the question yet"
    "ok, go on then"

In the end i got exactly what I needed and she was lovely.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Perhaps they're just not interested?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why would this buyer not return my emails?’ is closed to new replies.