• This topic has 62 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by pt81.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • why would Spé order 650b carbon wheels?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

or they are just going to sell people tyres

Northwind

Are we supposed to be terribly surprised that Specialized are going to do the absolutely inevitable?

Still it’s good news for 650b owners to get a better range of tyres to choose from, can’t come too soon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

while we are on the subject of rumour and speculation I was chatting to a bloke who knows a geezer who has a cousin who was having a beer with a guy who works in shipping who said he delivered some 26″ wheels to Spec’s secret test facility last month and Princess Di was working on reception and Elvis was doing the unloading.

You heard it here first

JCL
    Free Member

It’s true that the Spe enduro is having some critics state side for having a too long wheelbase lengh. People riding wild alp trails will understand.

Eh? What critics? The Enduro 29″ has a shorter wheelbase than most 650b AM bikes and they’re sold out! Pinkbike and Vital bike of the bloomin year!

But yeah 650b SJ Evo and Enduro coming. They held out on the marketing size as long as possible but you can’t give away 26″ bikes to dealers Stateside these days. Shame.

kelvin

If anyone can afford to run a large enough range to encompass all three wheel sizes, it’s Specialized.

Northwind

As far as I can tell the reviews that don’t like the enduro, basically don’t get big bikes- it’s the same sort of people that like 160mm air-sprung GTs with 69 degree head angles and “efficient pedalling platforms” and the like, quite old-school American. Trailbike basically which these aren’t.

NormalMan

As I’ve mentioned on another thread, replacing the Stumpy and Enduro 26ers with 650b is very different to the Big S making way for 650b by losing 29ers from the range.

Time will tell, or should I say, Sea Otter will tell.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Specialized’s New 650B Tires On The Scale

Tyres starting to reach the market already.

kimbers

just seen this, nice

also spe have a new light

News: New products from Specialized, stepping up to 27.5

pt81
    Free Member
    pt81
    Free Member

pt81
    Free Member

Sworks 650b

DrP

I are confused.

DrP

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is pt81 just some sort of odd adtrotrufer (sp :wink:)?

pt81
    Free Member

Why? The enduro now exist in 26′ 27.5 et 29 ,with out starting a war time will tell which one will survive.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

isn’t it just a 26″ one with bigger wheels in it?

pt81
    Free Member

@bigyinn na juste not a 29″fan

@mikewsmith wait until tomorrow 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@mikewsmith wait until tomorrow

any particular reason? Rest day in the tour? Is there something coming in the post? Do I win the lottery? Or will Specialize launch another wheel standard in new standard 143.7mm hubs and modified shock mounts so you can’t swap the shock out?
    Or are they about to sue the Enduro World Series?

pt81
    Free Member

Ok mikewsmith just for you
    excuse my french

cookeaa

AlexSimon

Interesting Specialized 30t 104bcd chainring in that link.
    Looks like it says x-sync on it, meaning they’ve licensed from SRAM?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

do I get the points for a stupid proprietary shock mount to stop you swapping it out.
    Hard to get that excited by spec sliding the dropouts along to make the 26 in to a 650. Bit like Tesco doing something quite similar to asda really 😉

pt81
    Free Member

Not giving any points away for the moment even if its true that until now Spé have used proprietary shock mounts.;-)
    Please do’nt think that i’m a Spé fan, this bike costs more than my car.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘why would Spé order 650b carbon wheels?’ is closed to new replies.