Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Why would solicitor be advising me not to put an offer in ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

On tuesday night he was advising me to put an offer in wednesday

Wednesday the third interested party offered and was rejected But seemingly went in very
    Low

Today i was going to offer but when i phoned to speak he was with a client and his secretary said that he said he would call me in the morning but wouldnt advise putting an offer in yet ?

Seems like odd behavior unless he knows something i dont about the property/vendor

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

He wants to buy it himself

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

could be waiting until nearer a closing date as a tactical manoeuvre

Edukator
    Free Member

Drop your offer through the letter box with an explanatory note for the seller.

soobalias
    Free Member

yes, i also recommend going against the advice of your solicitor.

😐

trail_rat
    Free Member

I intend to rectify the situation tomorrow morning unless he gives me a very good reason !

kaesae
    Free Member

Good for you trail_rat good for you ❗

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t remember involving my solicitor when we offered. Is this a Scotlandshirish thing? 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

Who’s paying the solicitor?

Mantastic
    Free Member

He may well know some information that could save you cash, I.e. the min the customer would accept. Happened to me and saved me a substantial sum of money

metalheart
    Free Member

Maybe because with another interested party on the go the seller will go to closing?

If you put in an offer then the third party will *probably* be told the offer so you could be played off against each other to drive the price up perhaps?

Maybe he wants to force a closing date instead?

matt_outandabout

Wait and see. Get a good explanation. If not satisfied, get another solicitor asap.

(Yes it is a Scots thing. An accepted offer is a binding agreement to purchase and sell.)

trail_rat
    Free Member

well found out today why …..

someone else put an offer in and ive we had done the same we would have pretty much laid our hand on the table there and then. its gone to closing next week

im willing to go to survey valuation(as a FTB im unlikely to get a mortgage beyond valuation) and am a zero chain buyer with a quick entry date so ….. fingers crossed. i know at least one of the others needs to sell up and the other seems to be a developer.

– but its aberdeen so i reckon itll go for well over valuation.

its a structurally sound wreck really …. needs entire internal refurb , inc boiler,electrics,kitchen , upstairs windows and insulating/dry lining

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How’d it go, Terry?.

ourmaninthenorth

@DD – yesh, a Scotch thing.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tuesday midday

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Why would solicitor be advising me not to put an offer in ?’ is closed to new replies.