Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • why would anyone do this to a car ?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Cos it’s well wicked !!

jonjones262
    Free Member

not to my taste but looks well done

tenfoot

Dunna dunna, dunna dunna,
    Dunna dunna, dunna dunna

BATMAN

shermer75
    Free Member

32k!!!!!!!!!!! 😯

TheFlyingOx

See, I’m into cars. I’m into modifying. I can see the thinking behind making your car look better aesthetically – to your eyes only, maybe.

I can certainly see the thinking behind making your car better mechanically; I’ve done that to every car I’ve had since 2006.

What I can’t see is spending £32,000 on a £10,000 car, and then selling it for a shade under £6k.

Conclusion: people is crazy

RobHilton
    Free Member

Could be worse

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’m guessing the car was 15 to 20k in the first place? The owner should have spent the ~50k on a used Porsche or Aston!

Northwind

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Chav

akasteve
    Free Member

It’s only the same as taking a cheap bike frame and sticking carbon bits on it and some Fox forks, except ten times more expensive. But hey, everyone needs an hobby. I wouldn’t buy it by I think it looks well done.

garage-dweller

Am I the only one who noticed the comment about paint bubbles on the bonnet.

At least the seller is honest enough to disclose.

3″ spacers on the wheels 😯

Actually looks a well done project overall though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

To be fair it looks no worse than a standard 206cc. I do struggle to see where he spent 32k on it.

botanybay
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Can’t afford insurance for a proper motor, so pimps what he’s got to get da ladees innit

toby1

Surely for all that money you’d at least mod the engine. But there is no mention of that on the listing. Mental is the only assumption to make!

samuri
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of someone massively upgrading a car, but deciding to start with a French car to do it on.

That makes me smile.

JoeG
    Free Member

License plate “PIG YES” should be “PEN15” 😆

transporter13
    Free Member

That is an utter disgrace………and I normally like modded cars.

JCL
    Free Member

Piece of crap. It’s sad when you see people modding cars like the E92 M3 I saw the other day lowered to the floor with 20″ wheels.

Yeah dude, you know more than those vehicle dynamists at BMW M Sport 😆

hora
    Free Member

Its a 206. Only old women and effeminate men drive them.

wrightyson
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2tOsim_jeIE[/video]

Its not what you drive its who you drive wit innit!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Kettering is not known as a town of taste and style.

Drac

I must get a pic of the van that is along the road from me it makes that look tasteful.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Apart from the alloys it looks good IMO. The thing is it will always be a Peugeot 206.

It’s been done professionally and who knows, he may have used it as a show car and generated sales off it in which case the £32k worth of mods may be relative.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Can you spot what’s wrong right with this picture?

or

BigDummy
    Free Member

I would love to be him. He must be having so much sex.

trail_rat
    Free Member

At least its finished .

In my home town you can spot the just passed their test kids by the amount of primered body kits on show as they drive around town .

Jamie
    Free Member

32k, and can’t afford to sort the knackered paint?

pitcherpro
    Free Member

This came into work a few months back , all we could do was laugh !

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’m struggling to see how they spent £32k on modifications?

unovolo
    Free Member

Looks like its been done to a high standard even if its not to everyones taste and really could be a lot worse.
    Some people just enjoy the challenge irrespective of the monetary costs.

On the otherhand you could buy this beauty for £650

Or spend 30k plus on one of these ugly buggers

Duffer
    Free Member

Let’s see what else you can buy for £32k.

Exhibit 1:

You’ll even have £1050 change. You could buy a bodykit for that. probably.

boblo
    Free Member

I bet da yoof couldn’t insure the AM though (assumptions made).

Jamie
    Free Member

Let’s see what else you can buy for £32k.

Guess they would have to borrow the other 32k for the insurance.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

£32,000 COST of modifications, not WORTH of modifications

But before I mock, I too drive a modified car too with an equally embarrassing base car. When I get onto a proper putter instead of this iPad I might even post a picture for you to snigger at

maccruiskeen

What I can’t see is spending £32,000 on a £10,000 car, and then selling it for a shade under £6k.
    Conclusion: people is crazy

If people sat down and did the same sums with their bikes- cost of purchase, spend on upgrades (the rrp value that we feel these things are ‘worth’, not the crc price that we actually pay), and the value if you were to sell
    im sure plenty would come up with values in similar ratios.

Northwind

maccruiskeen – Member

If people sat down and did the same sums with their bikes- cost of purchase, spend on upgrades (the rrp value that we feel these things are ‘worth’, not the crc price that we actually pay), and the value if you were to sell im sure plenty would come up with values in similar ratios.

And often do, on our classifieds.

I put maybe £4000 worth of work into a £2000 motorbike once, you know why? Because doing things you want to is ****ing brilliant. Obviously not as good as taking the piss on the internet though.

kimbers

saw a car on the north circular today

Bright yellow, widened wheel arches full body kit, central triangular exhuast, weaving around like an F1 car on warm up, banging house music, blacked out windows – young lad obviously cool as f–k at the wheel, spliff on the go…
    not entirely sure what it was originally but think it was a new corsa
    had the registration plate

YELLOW G

🙂

tron
    Free Member

I think the way most modifiers spend improbable amounts of money is by doing things two or three times.

Start out with a £150 stereo and colour coding a few rubbing strips, end up sticking a lowering kit on, then go through the whole thing again with a body kit, coilovers, bigger wheels because the old ones look small etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘why would anyone do this to a car ?’ is closed to new replies.