Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why would a garage…
  • wwaswas

Send two blokes to stick black tape across the rear number plates (not front) of two cars that were parked in a Toys r Us car park, drive them 20yds down the road and onto their own premises and then remove the tape again?

The only thing I can think of is that there’s some sort of camera monitoring parking times in the store but the tape would draw attention to the cars, wouldn’t it?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Probably that

thenorthwind

Avoid ANPR cameras so they can use the car park to store vehicles overnight, when they don’t have space themselves. Cheeky (or pre-agreed and the tape is the easiest way round the ANPR system).

TimP
    Free Member

Why would a middle aged man be doing a stakeout at Toys’R’Us??

But 20yards from the garage would be Pets at Home.

😉

wwaswas

We’d just bought some more hay for the guinea pig and some dry food for an ‘elderly’ cat if you must know MrP.

I don’t know why I said ToysRUs – all those years of wandering the aisles once a fortnight trying to find presents for under a tenner to take to the birthday parties of children we barely knew I think 🙂

[edit] Middle Aged – how dare you!

TimP
    Free Member

Don’t worry I have taken over your mantle at Toys’R’Us, but we can at least treat ourselves to Nandos afterwards now

richmtb

Can one of you pick me up an Argos catalogue

TimP
    Free Member

Sorry, nearest Argos is at the Sainsbury’s down in Portslade, but it is only one of those pick up points, so you will have to pre-order and collect from there

midlifecrashes

If it wasn’t to frustrate ANPR parking cameras, a garage might be using trade plates to legally drive otherwise untaxed cars. Technically you’re meant to put the trade plate in the normal numberplate position, but usually they’re either propped inside the windows or dangled from a rear wiper. Either way you’re meant to cover the fixed plate.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

And around here the Trade Plate laid flat on the dash seems the norm. I often wondered why they got away with it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why would a garage…’ is closed to new replies.