Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Why won't Ukip (nasty word)off?
  • zippykona

Surely they should be happy now? No they want to create even more shit.
    Is there really a market for this stuff?
    This is about their prospective mp.
    He claims to be the voice of “patriotic Britain” – but his Britain isn’t one you’d recognise, he’s opposed to everything that we hold dear:

? He has said wants to privatise the NHS. ? He thinks climate change is a “hair brained theory”. ? He called gay equality “a complete joke”. ? He thinks Trump is “good for Britain”. ? He wants a referendum on bringing back the death penalty and on lowering on lowering the term limits for abortion. ? And he thinks torture is a “price worth paying”
    Surely even the most white of white van men would realise that abortion is good , trump is a **** and climate change is real.
    Will labour and the tories oppose him or try and out do him?

whitestone
    Free Member

UKIP: the dog turd on the sole of your shoe that keeps on smelling.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Or maybe just don’t vote for him? He is allowed his freedom of expression and opinion isn’t he?

If you don’t like it so much put yourself up for election and educate his followers in a different way, but that would take more effort than whining on a bike forum wouldn’t it? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

They’re circling the drain – which I’m sure factoring into Farage’s thinking when he left, again.

A Party runs on donations, yeah members pay a fee but UKIP especially is funded by larger donations from people and organisations who have a vested interest in pushing policies – that doesn’t make them unique.

Unless there’s a big 180 then then we’ll press A50 against our head and pull the trigger – they’ll cease to be able to offer their donors anything and they’ll be broke. Especially since almost all of their elected officials are MEPs.

Cougar

He thinks climate change is a “hair brained theory”

Surely that’s Trump?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Newrobdob +100%

zilog6128

I’m not a fan of UKIP or Nuttall but I’m also not a fan of tabloid style fact-twisting and selective quoting such as in the OP.

OP, I don’t know if you compiled that list yourself or if you just copy-pasted it but it makes you come across like some Facebook numpty that I’d block from my feed. Obviously you or someone has done it to whip up emotions/hatred but to anyone actually capable of thinking objectively you are just harming your cause. It sounds like someone who doesn’t understand what they’re talking about trying to appeal to other people who don’t really understand it either. Which is just as bad as what “the other side” are doing, which is something I’m sure you’d complain about if the shoe was on the other foot.

I cannot be bothered to research all of the claims as I need to go Zwifting but he’s never said he “wants to privatise the NHS” (despite pundits like Andrew Marr repeatedly attempting to get him to do so… this is what he actually said

AN: And one day it might go private?

PN: Well, maybe at some point, in years to come, within this century we’ll have to have this debate, but it won’t be under my leadership in UKIP.”

He’s never called the whole concept of gay equality a complete joke, he was referring to the outcome of one very specific court case.

“And he thinks torture is a “price worth paying” ” takes what he actually said totally out of context, this is the whole quote

“If waterboarding ensures that we save a number of lives in this country or in America because someone admits to something that is going to happen in terms of a terrorist attack, well through gritted teeth I’d probably be OK with it.

“If someone admits that a terrorist attack is going to happen and saves the lives of innocent individuals then I think maybe it’s a price worth paying… if a British government was elected and said it was required to ensure it saved innocent people’s lives then sometimes you have to go that extra mile.”

kimbers

This is what he said when asked about privatising the NHS

[video]https://youtu.be/8BiMtBcqIk4[/video]

In a 2010 post on his website – which has since been deleted – Nuttall praised the coalition government for “bringing a whiff of privatisation into the beleaguered National Health Service.”

He added: “I would argue that the very existence of the NHS stifles competition, and as competition drives quality and choice, innovation and improvements are restricted.”

zilog6128

Yes, that’s what he said 6 years ago. Even at the time that statement was pretty ambiguous IMO. He certainly didn’t say “I want to privatise the NHS.” There are more recent quotes where he has clarified his position.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

So what we’re saying here then is it’s ok to vote UKIP as all the OP’s facts are in fact alternative facts (see what I did there :lol:). Good, I’m glad we got this cleared up so quickly before it ran into 376 pages of arguing.
    Well done!

zilog6128

Well, it’s ok to vote for them or not as this is a democracy. But it would be nice if people made up their mind one way or another, about this and all other political issues, using actual real facts, yes.

taxi25
    Free Member

Well, it’s ok to vote for them or not as this is a democracy. But it would be nice if people made up their mind one way or another, about this and all other political issues, using actual real facts, yes.

your absolutely right of course. But it’ll never catch on, not here 😆

slowoldman

I’d thought we had given up on real facts last year.

andytherocketeer

facts

ah so last millennium 😉

bringing back the death penalty

ooh I’d vote for that.
    can even provide a shortlist of candidates 😉

mattsccm
    Free Member

There are times when I think that the chat forum here is pointless. This is one of them. Can’t say I agree with UKIP on everything, maybe see some point in some of it. But the point is, they have every right to say what they like. As much as the OP.
    If the OP thinks its Ok to slag them off then I have the right to object to gays, commies, Nazis or whatever takes my fancy. Sorry but you can’t have it both ways. We are all entitled to our views or no one is.
    Go and ride your bike.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

bringing back the death penalty

ooh I’d vote for that.
    can even provide a shortlist of candidates

I can provide a very long list (HMPS employee)

+ 1 for what matccm said.

scotroutes

Polling at 14%. That’s higher than the LibDems and only 10% behind Labour, despite the Tories basically adopting the UKIP manifesto. I’d say they’ve a legitimate right to exist.

thecaptain
    Free Member

The problem isn’t really UKIP, it’s the people who vote UKIP.

Garry_Lager

Nutall really is a turd

UKIP leader Paul Nuttall admits that claims on his website that he lost a “close personal friend” at Hillsborough are false I’d doubt he was there in the first place given his predilection for porkies; it’s such a huge whopping lie to tell, though, that you can’t believe anyone would have the nerve for it (esp a Liverpool politician – he’d be chased through the streets by an angry mob).

kimbers

thecaptain – Member
    The problem isn’t really UKIP, it’s the people who vote UKIP.

Nuttalls problem is being caught in a lie about Hillsborough is the ultimate evil in merseyside

at least it will taint the party further

the sad truth is the kippers will still vote for such a rotten party!

someone thinks itll be the end for him either way

Frankie Boyle
    46 mins ·
    Can’t wait to see what new UKIP leader comes riding out of the gates of Mordor

thecaptain
    Free Member

Sounds like he’s a serial fantasist, the Jeffrey Archer of the north perhaps?

kimbers

thecaptain – Member
    Sounds like he’s a serial fantasist,

its worked well for Trump….

My wife is a scouser, she was already upset that he was leading UKIP,
    the fact that hes a bullshitter of the highest order will not be going down well with her and on merseyside

Cougar

UKIP leader Paul Nuttall admits that claims on his website that he lost a “close personal friend” at Hillsborough are false

That’s not quite right – he denied making the claim in the first place (which is still there on his site, or at least was when I looked earlier today).

kimbers

Hel also seemed to be confused about it on BBC NW politics was he inside or outside the ground?

People like myself who were in the Leppings Lane end, we knew what was going on.

..the crush was going on outside, and I tell you what, people would have died outside, and I was involved in that crush outside.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This from the UKIP spokesman on immigration John Bickley is nice :

An apology has since been made and the UKIP leader Paul Nuttall excused it by pointing out that, quote, “John is new to politics”. Obviously UKIP don’t consider immigration to be an important enough issue to give the brief to someone who is actually experienced in politics. Which came as something of a surprise to me.

Cougar

I do wonder, if and when we do leave the EU, what’s the UK Independence Party going to do when we actually have independence?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They’ll carry on with their bigotry? There’s always call for politicians with bigoted agendas.

kimbers

So nuttall is throwing his PA under the bus for making up his Hillsborough fantasies, classy guy

It’s not just kippers tho

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/09/alan-pearmain-conservative-official-suspended-over-racist-tweet-aimed-at-diane-abbott

footflaps

I do wonder, if and when we do leave the EU, what’s the UK Independence Party going to do when we actually have independence?

Continue pushing for a Fascist state, which is what they seem to want. They won’t be happy until the UK is run like East Germany under Russian occupation.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

UKIP will remain as they have helped unleash the “I’m not racist but…..” lot who now feel empowered to ratchet up the hatred and bigotry. The BNP have left some empty piss filled shoes

kerley
    Free Member

There will always be a need for a party to represent racist and homophobic people as we will always have lots of racist and homophobic people.
    The only real cure is for them to all live together and let everyone else get on in their more tolerant place.
    Everyone would be happy….

stumpyjon

I hope Ukip continue to exist to remind politicians how backward alot of the electorate are. It might stop smug gits like Cameron making catastrophic mistakes like Brexit again in the future. Unpleasent as they are they do represent the appalling and short sighted views of a lot of people.

scotroutes

All those UKIP Brexshitters are gonna have apoplexy when they find out the white immigrants from Europe are replaced by coloured immigrants from the Commonwealth. That’ll give them another target for a few years.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    All those UKIP Brexshitters are gonna have apoplexy when they find out the white immigrants from Europe are replaced by coloured immigrants from the Commonwealth.

No, everything they said about equal rights for the entire world was bollox, it’s all about closing the doors

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we will always have lots of racist and homophobic people.

Not in the UK. You need to look elsewhere for lots of racist and homophobic people.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Brexit is just the start for UKIP, the unwritten but well understood manifesto goes much much further than this. I was (un)fortunate to be in listening distance of a drunken party activist preaching to the converted about “now we make sure it’s British Jobs for British people” “we have the Poles heading home next it’s the d***kies” with a awful lot of F words – this was openly discussed in a pub. I would have resorted to direct physical action (I know not clever) but luckily my missus was present

dannyh
    Free Member

Because Brexit really is the thin end of the wedge. Now they’ve unleashed the latent hatred in a large section of the privileged white population of a privileged country they will feel there is no stopping them.

Quite why one of the most privileged segments of the world’s population is so obsessed with getting more for themselves whilst depriving others whilst doing bugger all of any real worth is beyond me.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Now they’ve unleashed the latent hatred

ffs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why won't Ukip (nasty word)off?’ is closed to new replies.