Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Why won't my xt 11speed mech shift?
  • mildbore

Out on a ride yesterday, my mech wouldn’t shift out of first gear unless I ‘encouraged’ it with my heel. Once moving, it started working. Then it was ok for a bit until the same thing happened. Assumed the cable needed changing (which it did, it was a year old!) so fitted a new one today. Going through the gears without the clutch on, it was ok but as soon as I put the clutch on I had the same refusal to shift out of 1st. Once moving, it’s fine but no matter how many gears I shift in first it won’t move. Tried adjusting the b tension and the limit screw but no joy. It may have taken a whack when I was blown into a rock by a v strong wind. Any ideas before I have to spend money?

JackHammer

Try lightly lubing the pivots, and then actuating it through its movement to coerce the oil into said pivots.

mildbore

Yes, it’s reluctant rather than completely uncooperative so it may be a bit seized. Will give it a go and report back

mudhead84
    Free Member

It’s the clutch tension. Happened to mine. Undo the cover on the front, check it’s not dirty inside. If all is good, put cover back on, remove little rubber dust cover and stick a 2.5mm (in guessing this bit) Allen key in the hole. Turn it anti clockwise half a turn and should be good.

patriotpro
    Free Member

mildbore – Member
    Out on a ride yesterday, my mech wouldn’t shift out of first gear unless I ‘encouraged’ it with my heel. Once moving, it started working. Then it was ok for a bit until the same thing happened. Assumed the cable needed changing (which it did, it was a year old!) so fitted a new one today. Going through the gears without the clutch on, it was ok but as soon as I put the clutch on I had the same refusal to shift out of 1st. Once moving, it’s fine but no matter how many gears I shift in first it won’t move. Tried adjusting the b tension and the limit screw but no joy. It may have taken a whack when I was blown into a rock by a v strong wind. Any ideas before I have to spend money?

Mine did this n a ride Saturday, it’s only 2 rides old. piss poor really.

sillyoldman

You sure the b-tension is set correctly? I’ve seen the inner cage get caught behind the largest sprocket in 1st gear due to insufficient b-tension.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Why won't my xt 11speed mech shift?’ is closed to new replies.