Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Why won't my Reverb button work?
  • thered

It was getting sticky in its travel so I thought I’d check the air, it was 150psi so set it to 250psi and suddenly the button wouldn’t de-press.

Bled it to within an inch of it’s life, still won’t de-press, took all the air out of the reverb, still won’t de-press.

Any ideas?

postierich
    Free Member

make sure your cable is not kinked inside the frame!

thered

Postierich FTW!

postierich
    Free Member

Whats FTW?

jruk
    Free Member

Have you checked the collar is tight enough? My reverb was playing up then I accidentally discovered the collar was lose and all of a sudden it was fine. Might not be it but worth a check.

thered

For The Win.

robbo76
    Free Member

It probably needs a trigger bleed

vincienup
    Free Member

Obviously there’s no cable to get kinked on a Reverb. Possibly you could crimp the hydraulic hose but you’d know you’d done that, and you’d probably see evidence of blown out seals at the bottom end, too.

If you’ve had the post out of the frame to get at the air valve and the post now mysteriously fordnt extend, my money is on the seat collar being too tight. Undo it so the post is loose in the frame then try the button again. If it works now, then happy days and don’t rag the collar so tight. If you still have an issue then it’s the equivalent of stuck down shock. I forget which way round it works, but you’d need to let the air out with the post at one end or the other of its travel then refill then rebleed.

Northwind

vincienup – Member

Possibly you could crimp the hydraulic hose but you’d know you’d done that, and you’d probably see evidence of blown out seals at the bottom end, too.

No reason a crimped hose would blow out seals- it just stops the lever from working. Symptoms are exactly like the OP reports.

vincienup
    Free Member

A crimped hose by itself wouldn’t blow seals, for sure – but I’d expect pressure building up from repeated button actuations with nowhere for the fluid to go, I think. Maybe I’m wrong.

Whatever, if the post has been out of the bike an overtight collar is easier to look for first and I’d say more likely. 🙂

thered

It was definitely the kinked hose, stealth reverb and right next the connectamajig so didn’t spot it til I whipped the post again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Why won't my Reverb button work?’ is closed to new replies.