Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Why, while browsing for small, economical, likely Asian cars,…..
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

MR I think that photo just ruined your whole argument :p

And modifying J-tin is far from individualistic, its just another scene.

hilldodger
    Free Member

MR +1 very well written diatribe against the myth of the motor

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I disagree. You have to rag the arse of it as it has bugger all torque.

That’s the whole point. A slow car driven quickly is way more fun than a fast car driven slowly.

I want one of these…

RustySpanner

Do you have to buy the Barbie separately?
    🙂

matt_outandabout

Nah, I married her 20 years ago…

footflaps

I used to have a heavily tweaked v6 Golf and now drive a 1.0 Kia Picanto. About town the Picanto is the better car to drive, it’s small size makes parking so much easier and the softer suspension copes much better with pot holes / speed bumps, plus the economy is amazing, last year I only filled it up 3 times!

br
    Free Member

About town the Picanto is the better car to drive, it’s small size makes parking so much easier and the softer suspension copes much better with pot holes / speed bumps, plus the economy is amazing, last year I only filled it up 3 times!

I’d guess if you drove it more you’d hate it.

hora
    Free Member

The 1.0 Aygo/C1 engine is a fantastic little 3cylinder beaut. Really loves revving and peppy 😀

Cars nowadays are just too heavy. We should have a return to small/stripped out small cc turbo and supercharged cars as a norm 😀

footflaps

I’d guess if you drove it more you’d hate it.

That I very much doubt, I’m not that arsed about performance any more.

matt_outandabout

The 1.0 Aygo/C1 engine is a fantastic little 3cylinder beaut. Really loves revving and peppy

And we need a car to carry 4, with weekend luggage, on longer trips, plus bikes on towbar rack occasionally.

The Yaris is great, but weekly it feels ‘small’.

A lot of our driving is also not town driving – me heading up A9 or around Highlands for work, for example.

hora
    Free Member

Everyones different- I once drove an Aygo through winter from England, France, Belgium to Germany 😀

binners

You already know the answer. All this is surely just foreplay? You big tease! 😉

matt_outandabout

So much for the Asian car.

We bought a Spanish designed and Slovakian built car. 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Why, while browsing for small, economical, likely Asian cars,…..’ is closed to new replies.