• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Why the shortage in decent 2nd hand frames?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Is it just I can’t find them or is there a real lack of decent 2nd hand frames on the market at the moment?

Fancy a change from my 2 year old Heckler and been scanning the classifieds, but just can’t find anything that strikes me!?!!?

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

br
    Free Member

Because less new bikes are been bought and/or less people coming into the ‘sport’ and/or people keeping their bikes longer and/or bikes having been getting no better?

epicyclo

It’s all my fault. I hoard bikes & frames 🙂

But don’t worry, I’m just about to hit eBay with a massive clearout. 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Ton’s down to one bike

Hadge
    Free Member

Why, what are you looking for?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Hadge – Member

Why, what are you looking for?

Don’t really know?

Ibis Mojo, SC Blur ltc or Lapierre Spicy 916…..2010/2011…something like that?

speaker2animals

Cos when you see how much you can get for your bike second hand compared to what you paid, you think you might as well hang on to it even if you buy another bike?

Wookster

Sold a mojo on here a while back thinking of letting my Bfe go at the moment 😥

highclimber
    Free Member

Ibis Mojo, SC Blur ltc or Lapierre Spicy 916…..2010/2011…something like that?

What makes you think that people are willing to part with a frame like these so soon? I was thinking you were on about frames at least 4 years old!

ianpinder
    Free Member

Too highend and too new unfortunatly. they won’t come up for a while. Also, s/h carbon frame or is it just me?

Hadge
    Free Member

There was a Mojo on here a few days ago – there was an SL going on Pinkbike too for £700 – looked really nice as well.

oxnop
    Free Member

i’ve sold both a Mojo SL and a Blur LTc in the past year.

Both took ages to sell TBH – Must of been the recession back then!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

ianpinder – Member

Too highend and too new unfortunatly. they won’t come up for a while. Also, s/h carbon frame or is it just me?

You could be right, but they seemed to be around a while ago and now none? The Heckler is 2009, so don’t really want to go older – maybe a 2009 would be ok? And….s/h? Sorry don’t know that abbreviation?

highclimber – Member

What makes you think that people are willing to part with a frame like these so soon? I was thinking you were on about frames at least 4 years old!

I suppose so – just trying to avoid buying new and was hoping something around 12/18 months old might be about??

Hadge – Member

There was a Mojo on here a few days ago – there was an SL going on Pinkbike too for £700 – looked really nice as well.

To my own disgust I did actually look on there earlier and didn’t see that one….maybe I’ll go and have a look again now.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Depends if you are a brand hoard or not. I have just picked up a mongoose teocali 2007 frame and forks and so far so good.
    Does exactly the same as my old Norcos, Commencals and Yetis.
    Yes it’s a tad heavier, buy being a lump it’s not noticable.
    Get an older frame and put your parts on it. No doubt it will be higher elected than the original

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m thinking of selling a Blur LTc frame… 🙂

ltheisinger
    Free Member

pedalhead – Member

I’m thinking of selling a Blur LTc frame…

Speak to me when you do! 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Your looking midseason too ! Try end of season or over winter when good bikes are changed

dobo
    Free Member

i should have my pipedream sirius and giant reign up for sale soon, early plug..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Why the shortage in decent 2nd hand frames?’ is closed to new replies.