Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Why the mods should ban people more often, but probably won't!
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

consider lessor beings..

… who may also not be able to spel…

Mark

Hmmm. I’m not aware I or anyone else has ‘bragged’ about moderating.

Bunnyhop

Bunnyhop should make special STW handbags for forum disputes!

Good idea Mrs Toast.
    All decorated with pretty flowers and filled with a hearty breakfast (one needs sustenance before dawn).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy
    I disagree.

I think I should report this bloke for arguing – its not allowed, don’t you know 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

STW’s version of an ASBO. Is there a symbol that goes next to your name like a premium subscriber’s badge?

VD with Scar 😉

Solo
    Free Member

Everyone in here is innocent, you know that

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think I should report this bloke for arguing – its not allowed, don’t you know

Didn’t your charge sheet say “arguing again” ? Mine did.

And to be fair Mark isn’t a habitual arguer. Just grumpy.

bullheart
    Free Member

Just re-read this and;

Not a chance – to the appointing the worst offenders as moderators.

I couldn’t agree more. But that wasn’t the suggestion. There are folk on STW who do repeat offend but aren’t technically offensive, and they would be the type of people suitable for this type of intervention. By making them realise just how complex effective moderating is, you help to educate the masses.

Cougar

I was thinking about this earlier,

I’d quite like a bit more transparency and consistency, so that when an infraction of the rules occurs it’s clear what’s happened and the offender has a chance to make their case before sentence is passed. I appreciate that the mods have better things to do than argue the toss, but it’d be nice to know whether replies (apologies / explanations) are ignored, acted on, or at least taken on board.

I appreciate that there’s a need for mods to remain anonymous as Mark has explained, but from a user’s perspective it’s difficult to know whether you’re dealing with the same person day to day.

How about, if each mod picked a pseudonym? Then, they could remain anonymous, but I’d get emails from “Colin” rather than a faceless machine?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    I think I should report this bloke for arguing – its not allowed, don’t you know
    Didn’t your charge sheet say “arguing again” ? Mine did.

Cheeky 😉 no just a one word charge sheet – “arguing” – and considering TJ and I were banned for the same thread at the same time, you should have counted yourself lucky then (as you were just as argumentative as either of us on that thread) and now (the GG thread and your attacks on my pseudo lefty friend) 😉

I was only joking about Mark in the context of my ban!

druidh
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    I’d get emails from “Colin” rather than a faceless machine?

If you really are that unhappy about it, I’ll happily send you some emails….

… I didn’t realise I had so many fans.

Cougar

Sorry, I picked that name at random, if it’s actually your name then that’s wholly coincidental. You can be Brian instead.

Cougar

(But, you can’t all be)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cougar +1 on this:

Cougar – Member
    I was thinking about this earlier,

I’d quite like a bit more transparency and consistency, so that when an infraction of the rules occurs it’s clear what’s happened and the offender has a chance to make their case before sentence is passed.

I accept that I was arguing my corner on the one thread but no more than on others (in fact a lot less given who I was arguing with 😉 ) and much less than subsequent threads that went unpunished. It does seem a bit random and hence looks like people tread on egg shells for a few days and then revert. There doesn’t seem much point in that IMO?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

‘eck, this thread is now three pages without any real “biff”, maybe these bans do work after all!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Let Fred back in.

zokes
    Free Member

Let Fred back in.

😯

donsimon
    Free Member

Let Fred back in.

Who’s to say he’s not?

Junkyard
    Free Member

but it’d be nice to know whether replies (apologies / explanations) are ignored, acted on, or at least taken on board.

always replied to me [ wel ldrac has but I have never done more than one e-mail and never really tired to have achat /argument over it – not worth it imho

I’d quite like a bit more transparency and consistency, so that when an infraction of the rules occurs it’s clear what’s happened and the offender has a chance to make their case before sentence is passed.

Yes true genuis ;ets let peole banned for arguing havea n argument about their ban

TBH i would support it as a forumite but not if I was Mark or a moderator. Not like the argumentative ones will get all humble now is it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wunundred!
    😉

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Why the mods should ban people more often, but probably won't!’ is closed to new replies.