Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Why so many road bikers on here?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Exactly what he said

ahwiles
    Free Member

bikes are ace, cleaning bikes is rubbish.

and ‘my’ local trails are knackered.

retro83
    Free Member

Mountain bike always seems to have something broken or needing adjustment plus the trails are soul destroying at the moment (and have been all year actually):

ahwiles
    Free Member

exactly.

johnellison
    Free Member

winter of discontent.

I’m just sick of the mud/cleaning.

This…says it all…

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for sick of mud and cleaning. Trails round here are a mess. Road bike for a fix of two wheel speed 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

kids, wife, job and other interests mean i’m pushed for time these days. love riding trails, love riding tarmac, love commuting, love riding bikes.

tomhoward

15 years of mtb and now I’m considering getting a second (read, proper) road bike after buying my first ‘taster’ one in August last year.

Mtb hasn’t been ridden since september last year, and is in bits awaiting a service, which will get done when I’m not riding the road bike but I do that an awful lot now….

big_scot_nanny

Quite an inspiring thread this, bikes are just brilliant and getting out & turning wheels in any way that gives a buzz is fabulous. 😀

Going to LBS to choose CX bike at the end of today, so tired of being be-shitted on unbelievably churned up singletrack on the mtb this winter (even bad local to me here in CH), and want to make the easily ridable stuff a bit less of a chore than it is on teh full bouncer.

Can’t wait!

Kev

stanfree
    Free Member

I think I have been on my mtb 4 times in the last couple of months , the trails are fecked and its hardly worth plodding around in gloop for 2 hours to find you have covered about 15 miles.
    I bought a road bike after breaking my collarbone and watching the Giro whilst recovering . Its addictive to see how quick you can do large climbs then how fast you can ride down them . Road bikes are also great for building stamina and even technique that you can use when the mtb trails finally freeze or dry out.

iainc

in the past 6 days I have had 3 different types of biking :

road on Sat – mild, dry, brilliant fun

mtb on Sun – mild, wet, muddy, brilliant fun

track on Thu – hot, sweaty, brilliant fun

It’s all bikes and all fun 😛

pt0608
    Free Member

+1 for being sick of bogs and slogs.

MTBer through and through. I am however, about to go out and buy a road bike for the sole reason of making me faster on my MTB.

And the added advantage of different riding options. Problem is, I can’t decide whether to get a do-everything-go-anywhere cross bike or an out and out roadie….

benjii19
    Free Member

I’ve got a Giant OCR Roadie (cough cough) it doesn’t live with me and gets used maybe twice/three times a month. Sepnd most of my time getting the Mmmm Bop in a state.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Born a Roadie, grew into MTB’s.

But Bikes Is Bikes init.

I like long hard hacks on my Roadie 80m+ around some decent scenery, can’t do that on the MTB so use it for 3hr “races” from my front door.

But recently I’ve been MTB’ing more as I’ve just finished building up MrSchmancy and he needs a ridin.

Back on the Road at the weekend though.

Lets not be too picky here, if you ride and if you ride hard, then all good here, bikes is bikes afterall. 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Retro83 is spot on, plus cycling is fun whatever the bike, surely?

jonba
    Free Member

Bikes is bikes and they are all fun. I pity those who limit themselves to only one form of the sport. Variety is great so hit the trail centres, skate parks, moors, forests, widing back roads, velodromes, muddy fields, street outside your house, race tracks, TT courses, hill climbs, downhill courses etc.

neilm
    Free Member

Rode an mtb last weekend. Riding an mtb this weekend and every other day in between I ride my road bike.

Not sure I see where the problem is, as has been said: It’s all bikes, it’s all good.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

It’s all bikes, it’s all good

This.

Take the roadie for hassle-free rides from the front door – and commuting. Take the MTB at weekend if time allows.

Given an infinite amount of time and dry trails it would be MTB all the way…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Why isn’t road cycling talk on the chat forum?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cos it’s deemed ghey?? 😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Why isn’t road cycling talk on the chat forum?

Bikes and Chat. Not Mountain Bikes and chat. Its all good, init?

ransos
    Free Member

Running is where its at

Runners always look as miserable as sin. Cycling (any flavour)puts a smile on my face.

Jamie
    Free Member

Runners always look as miserable as sin.

Don’t confuse miserable with ‘game face’ 8)

turbo1397
    Free Member

I started off mountain biking and only bought a roadbike recently to use during the week when i haven’t got time to drive to the trails or mountains.. 🙂

slowmart
    Free Member

A bike is a bike is a bike. 😀

sputnik
    Free Member

Cos we likes it

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Why so many road bikers on here?’ is closed to new replies.