Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Why so many different standards and non compatibilty issues ?
  • oldfart

Whatever happened to K.I.S.S. ? Bought into a new wheel size , but what is wrong with one size for bottom brackets and headsets ?Hope matchmakers are a godsend but the whole lot is a minefield .Bought BB30 bearings then i found i needed a PF30 as well plus an adaptor and shim kit so i can run a Shimano chainset.Smacks of moneymaking to me .

nickjb
    Free Member

jam-bo

What you need it to harmonise all the standards into one new standard.

RealMan
    Free Member

50 seconds too slow.

Rorschach
    Free Member

All you need to do is get every component manufacturer,every bike manufacturer to sit in a room and come to a consensus on one design for each standard that will be cross compatible across all frame configurations and be future proof for the next 10 years.
    Simple.I can’t believe they hav’nt done it yet.
    It MUST be a conspiracy.
    Or aliens.
    Or a complete lack of understanding whilst looking for a an excuse to cover up my mistake.
    Or something.

Drac

Samsung tried a standard with smartphones, it didn’t end well.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s a pain in the ar5e. I came back into biking recently after 3 years away working and too busy to notice and I see 15mm qr, 11 speed, tapered headsets… just give it a REST!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Smacks of moneymaking to me .

Wait- you mean bike companies are in business to make money? When did this happen?

njee20
    Free Member

Things did settle down for a long time, seems recent the sudden proliferation of ‘standards’.

Clink

SantaCruz still using threaded bottom-brackets – doesn’t seem to be a problem!

thepodge
    Free Member

why restrict yourself to something that doesn’t work in all applications?

also why do you assume that bikes are some how different to anything else?

there are hundreds of different configurations just for car wipers let alone anything more technical.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Why so many different standards and non compatibilty issues ?’ is closed to new replies.