Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why shouldn't I buy an inbred (mk2 slot drop)?
  • james
    Free Member

They’re currently £150, the swap drop mk3 looks to be over £200, the website claims the 18″ weighs under 5lbs. Many cromo/520 frames seem to the other side of 5lbs and more £££

the mk2 does now have a toptube the same size as the downtube though (where it used to be smaller?)

My current hardtail is overforked as it is and as such the geometry is out, even if I bought a shorter sub 2kg fork the XC racable 6011/6061 alu. frame can be a bit brutal to ride
    Not that it really makes much difference but its over 5 years and the dull grey colour is getting pretty scuffed, and the rear dropout is worn a bit

ir_bandito
    Free Member

because my slidey-dropout R853 inbred is for sale?
    20″ frame, a shade under 5lb. Email in profile 😉

timc
    Free Member

scandal @ £135…

james
    Free Member

ir bandito, care to link me the add (I can’t find it in the classifieds)

Scandal, well it would be ~1.5lbs (and £15) lighter
    though still alu. 100mm fork max, matt black (are they still mud absorbing?), SS looks untidy ..
    I’ll still consider one

takisawa2

Run my Slidey Inbred with forks at 120mm. Love it to bits. Prefer it to the Soul I used to have. Quality is ok at best though. Sure, it does what is asked of it, & for what it cost it punches way above its weight. Tried in vain to fit some old Mono Minis this evening, but there’s so much misalignment in the drop-out/disc mount I gave up & went back to the old Juicy’s with the tri-align adapters. Dont get me wrong though, I’d buy another without a second thought. Comfort wise its as good as any steel frame I’ve ridden. Like a short-travel fs compared to the god awful alloy ht I built my fs bits onto over the winter.
    My mate runs the 18″, I’d say they are around 5lb frame only.

james
    Free Member

(old) Mono minis (140mm caliper) are what I’d hope to use .. Hmm

flashes
    Free Member

Because the mk 1 is a better frame………….

Del

the scandal is the same geo as the inbred, so it’ll take a 130mm fork if you want, they just won’t warranty it for that. unless you’re a big lad, or hit stuff very hard, it would be fine. i’d do it without worrying about it.
    mates GF has a slot drop model, run geared, and from everything i’ve heard from them it’s a bit of a faff. i’m a big fan of the sliding dropout system, and really thought on-one had taken a backward step when they stopped producing them. if i was looking for one now i’d pick one up SH, or look at the other manufacturers that are producing slideys. sanderson have one i think?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

James – no ad yet, but ygm

james
    Free Member

“unless you’re a big lad, or hit stuff very hard”
    yes, and err yes, that’ll be me then ..

takisawa2

Big lad here & my Inbred has taken a good pounding, & a few of my comical attempts at getting airborne on Cannock’s Monkey Trail.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

James – did you see my email? let me know if you’re interested as someone else has been asking after it.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How much is it going for bandito?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

charlie – provisionally sold it

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Love mine. I moved down from a 456 (via a BMC race bike) to this and it’s much better for me (even at nearly 14 stone :oops:). Run Rebas at 100mm on it and it’s more than enough for the Purbecks and places like Swinley.
    [/url][/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why shouldn't I buy an inbred (mk2 slot drop)?’ is closed to new replies.