Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why should…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

… the bar/licensee be responsible for an adult’s inabilty to exert self control?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-16225748

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes that what I think abour drug pushers

TBH i can see both sides adult gets drunk their fault but if you promote getting shit faced there will be consequences.
    Other examples exits where we have less hysteria – how much litter is from fast food joints? Are they to blame for how their customers act

sobriety
    Free Member

This is true, although having attended 5 or 6 of them (it gets somewhat hazy) they are generally pretty messy, although the offers did get toned down over the years. I think in my fresher year it was 2 pints for £1, which ended badly.

And pissed up students getting hit by trams in Sheffield has happened before, we had someone hit at our annual chemical engineers sports day…

Must be a slow news day, which is a good thing really

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmo
    Free Member

section 141 of the licensing act 2003 makes it an offence to sell alcohol to the intoxicated.

quite clear really.

That no one bothers to enforce the law and renders many town centres no go areas for non drinkers on friday and saturday nights is of no concern.

andrewh
    Free Member

section 141 of the licensing act 2003 makes it an offence to sell alcohol to the intoxicated

Yep.
    I’m all in favour of a law prohibiting the sale of chips to fat people too.

muggomagic

You often see fatties fighting outside pubs and clubs on a Friday and Saturday night off their face on vinegar round here.

emsz
    Free Member

wish they’d paid attention the that bit of law last night, sore head now 😆

yunki
    Free Member

isn’t illegal to be drunk in a bar..?

I’m sure that my pal and his old man got pinched for it when he was home on leave one time.. that would make the bar staff accessories or something..

donsimon
    Free Member

isn’t illegal to be drunk in a bar..?

I believe so, i used to have the thankless task of refusing to serve the pissheads in a vibrant city centre bar.

coffeeking
    Free Member

We were turned away from about 4 bars last night by the door staff because one member of our parade was fairly well drunk (and in the quiet, staring at the floor stage of being drunk) already. Good job really, I didn’t wake up with a hangover and got to ride into town down the snow covered canals to get my car today – woo!

I guess they’re only responsible in that if they continued to sell to properly drunk people they’re clearly not of good mental faculties and the staff should see this and prevent it getting OTT. I don’t think they were responsible for her falling in front of a bus.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why should…’ is closed to new replies.