Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why puppies are easier than children……….
  • peterwp
    Free Member

As the owner of a 14 week old puppy I was delighted when the dog was sick on the parquet floor this morning. It had swallowed a too big piece of the dried pigs ear it was chewing, gagged and then threw up. Delighted because after looking startled for a second she promptly lapped up all the liquid and chewed the lumps! Problem solved! Now if only I can train the kids to clean up after themselves……..

5thElefant
    Free Member

Easier to train the dog to clean up after the children. Or yourself. My dog gathers up underwear and takes them to the clothes basket.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My dogs are also excellent at cleaning up what the children drop/throw/dribble on the floor.

Too good in fact, as I found out the other day, when my labrador, after much straining, passed a large stool with a perfectly aligned wooden lolly stick protruding out of it. I can’t eat Magnum’s anymore 🙁

magowen100
    Free Member

TGA – I love magnums and I don’t think I could have one again now.

willard

Don’t let the little pup eat a whole bone. My oldest spaniel Ted had a whole one once and had to really strain to force out the near solid calcium turd that it made.

Poor guy sounded like he was being attacked by a tiger or something and really hurt himself. He doesn’t have bones any more, just in case.

willard

Cute puppy by the way. I’m assuming that’s at a quiet time

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sorry

hp_source

There’s also the advantage that yesterday we had some or our floors polished, the dog didn’t realise and went head over heals sliding about then floundered about getting up… great to watch. But, had the same thing happened to a niece or nephew I fear pointing and laughing may have seemed/felt a lot more cruel!

Milkie
    Free Member

Lovely looking Springer! Go careful with the bones/pigs ears, they can choke on them very easily, as you have found out.

…we had some or our floors polished…

Go careful, this is why a lot of vets are seeing more n more hip problems. 😉

D0NK

Why puppies are easier than children……….

cause you can rub their noses in their “centre of living room floor” faeces to teach them not to do it again?

rkk01
    Free Member

cause you can rub their noses in their “centre of living room floor” faeces to teach them not to do it again?

Nah, that works for kids as well

Deveron53
    Free Member

When you get fed up with them, they’re far easier to dispose of than children. Sell, give away, er… ‘bump off’.

D0NK

Nah, that works for kids as well

not IME

maccruiskeen

Get your kids enrolled in the local rugby club, they’ll be drink pints of their own sick (and other peoples) in no time

muddodger
    Free Member

Nice picture, although you’ve just reminded me how much I miss my 14 yr old springer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why puppies are easier than children……….’ is closed to new replies.