Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Why Paul McCartney
  • jordie
    Free Member

Why does he always turn up to spoil events it is the same old stuff over and over again, now he is next up to close the olympics.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why did he have to turn up on the bike forum

sc-xc

He’s there, for the simple reason that Ringo is busy doing Thomas.

Bregante

😆 @ chunky

RustySpanner

Because he’s a massively talented icon who wrote songs that have defined and inspired couple of generations, regardless of whether you like him or not. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Got to have at least one Scouser, otherwise their whining will be insufferable.

😉

DezB
    Free Member

Rather him than Elton fluckin John.At least McCartney has a decent past.

sc-xc

Elton John sold the gap between his teeth. He raised forty quid for charity…and you are knocking him? Shame on you Dez.

jordie
    Free Member

Oh yes Elton :(!!!

mashiehood
    Free Member

im more annoyed about the fact Cheryl Cole was on stage behind the queen – why?

sc-xc

im more annoyed about the fact Cheryl Cole was on stage behind the queen – why?

Harry’s just tweeted it was because she had her finger up her Majesty’s bum.

DezB
    Free Member

Someone should shove something in that gap between his teeth. Then I’d never have to hear that crappy pub singer voice again.

At least Cheryl Cole’s got a nice face.

martymac

i was glad to see mcartney on the piano tbh, was a nice change to see him fingering something with more than one leg.

sc-xc

i was glad to see mcartney on the piano tbh, was a nice change to see him fingering something with more than one leg.

Stoner
    Free Member

small mercies. Could have been one of his wives.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

After the divorce, he swore it was the last time he’d go down on one knee.

(I’ll get my own coat, thanks)

sc-xc

That’s the cherry that sits right on top of this LOLcake CFH….

martymac

lol @ cfh.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Can’t stand McCartney and his pokey little mouth smugly churning out old karaoke songs. Liked Stevie Wonder and Kylie though. Cheryl looked lost and drowned out on stage with Boring Barlow, no idea why she was there…eye candy maybe?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

[wipes away tears]

Jolly well done 😀

yunki
    Free Member

I couldn’t stomach a single moment of that dreary musical non-event

marco
    Free Member

Harry’s just tweeted it was because she had her finger up her Majesty’s bum.

sc-xc – cheers for that, got hot bovril drink comin out my nose now

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t watching it. Went to the pub with my brothers, expecting to avoid it and it was on a massive screen.
    “I’M SHTILL SHTANDING” What a friggin row.

samuri
    Free Member

Martymac, thanks very much. That’s had me in
    Years for a while.

mav12
    Free Member

He has to do do extra gigs as his new wife spends twice as much on shoes

aP
    Free Member

A friend has just spent the last 3 months tooling round the Americas with macca. Apparently he certainly knows how to maximise his income stream. Oh, and the new wife is much better than the last one.
    What I don’t really understand is will.I.am – is he representing the former colonies?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

he’s a massively talented icon who wrote songs that have defined and inspired couple of generations

As part of the Beatles he did more than that, much more than that. The Beatles also influenced fashion, art, the film industry, and comedy. They massively increased Britain’s standing in the world, making anything produced in Britain have special cool/trendy/hip appeal. They were of huge economic benefit to Britain, helping many British companies increase their sales and profits. They were the launching pad for the careers of other British bands across the world, they attracted talent to Britain, made London “swinging” and put Liverpool on the global map. They were the most popular band the world has ever seen. They made people proud to be British.

The Beatles achievements can’t be overstated imo. Although not a huge fan myself – the Stones were better imo.

DezB
    Free Member

Just read this in a post about Prince Phillip gaffs:

“I wish he’d turn the microphone off!” The Prince expresses his opinion of Elton John’s performance at the 73rd Royal Variety Show, 2001.

That’s not a gaff.

ransos
    Free Member

Can’t stand McCartney and his pokey little mouth smugly churning out old karaoke songs.

You know he wrote them?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What a rancid little thread this is.

yunki
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    What a rancid little thread this is

slagging off Macca may well be a bit dull.. but do you think the Maj really enjoyed the show..?

It was a trite and very dreary performance of some trite and very dreary music from a trite and very dreary genre..

You’d think that a woman who wears a brooch hewn from the largest diamond ever discovered on this planet might have access to some of the best music ever discovered.. so why the haggard old pop..?

messiah
    Free Member

What a rancid little thread this is.

I couldn’t bear the thought of him singing… I hated the bit when he was standing in the background with his mouth like a…

cats arse.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

slagging off Macca may well be a bit dull.. but do you think the Maj really enjoyed the show..?

That’s a touching concern for Her Majesty’s enjoyment of the occasion yunki – it doesn’t quite match the sentiments which you’ve suggested in your recent posts.

Are you starting to feel sympathetic towards your sovereign queen ?

She has an uncanny ability to win hearts, doesn’t she bless her ?

DezB
    Free Member

Was it all for her then?
    Without a care for the million plebs in the street?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

and put Liverpool on the global map

Not sure about that, wasnt Liverpool a massively important global city during the late 19th and early 20th century.

Werent the Beatles really just the last big thing to come out of it before it went into decline ?

messiah
    Free Member

My wife was wondering of Sir Elton’s pub singing voice was a product of his botox?

I walked into the room while it was on and was thinking Vic Reeves pub singer…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It was a trite and very dreary performance of some trite and very dreary music from a trite and very dreary genre..

You’d think that a woman who wears a brooch hewn from the largest diamond ever discovered on this planet might have access to some of the best music ever discovered.. so why the haggard old pop..?

Perhapse she quite enjoyed it?

But this being STW it should definatley have been a late 80’s hardcore punk lineup.

Personaly I’d liked to have sene Skrillex play god save the queen from the roof in a Robert Plant style!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes Liverpool was important long before the Beatles. It became renowned throughout the world as the home of the Beatles. It undoubtedly benefited from its association with the Beatles, as did the other bands associated to the mersey sound/beat.

joao3v16
    Free Member

… wasnt Liverpool a massively important global city during the late 19th and early 20th century.

Werent the Beatles really just the last big thing to come out of it before it went into decline ?

Ah, so the Beatles were responsible for ruining Liverpool and triggering the decline of a once great city …

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Why Paul McCartney’ is closed to new replies.