• This topic has 28 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Why, oh why, oh why…
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

do people not put pics in their “for sale” posts?

it’s not like it’s difficult.

rant over, sorry if i woke any of you up.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I use links to sets on Flickr

Why?

Higher res pics, see? 🙂

M1llh0use
    Free Member

you see that is sensible. putting “email me for pics” is just lazy.

brakes
    Free Member

because you might be able to find out where they live by the stain on the carpet next to Thomson stem and come round and steal your collection of brass rubbings.

jota180
    Free Member

Given the daily posting of his kit, without any takers, A couple of us suggested that this guy puts pics up

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-full-carbon-road-bike-campag-athena-fsa-carbon-wheels-1200-ovno-7kgs-5#post-4223445

I couldn’t quite figure out his objection to it but it was quite strong

nickjb
    Free Member

because you might be able to find out where they live

On that point, why not mention where you live for items that are collection only?

soobalias
    Free Member

im not on the forum much so email me for my response to this thread

email in profile.

RustySpanner

Not putting frame sizes in is the worst, tbh.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

why not mention where you live for items that are collection only?

I always put my full address and postcode in ALL my adverts…..

8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rusty, people of just forget sometimes you know!

Steerer lengths
    Clamp sizes…. etc

andywoods
    Free Member

when i read why why why i was waiting for delilah. 🙂

M1llh0use
    Free Member

FS: 1 bike. £1,000,000
    email for pics (address in profile)

[shakes head in dispair]

fathomer

I try not to complain but it’s one thing that bugs me as well, takes no time to do it either.

nickjb
    Free Member

While we’re at it… What about people who post pictues showing a cornucopia of wonderful kit neatly laid out, but only the tat is available for sale?

MrTall
    Free Member

Not everyone is IT savvy. I’m certainly not.

I have no idea how to post pictures and what’s classed as ‘easy’ for you is not for me.

Most people who work in IT are incapable of comprehending that some people do not share their love/interest of computers and have little or no interest in computers beyond surfing the net and getting email. As a result they lose me in technical talk within 30 seconds and i switch off.

The ‘basic’ instructions people put up about posting pics on here may as well be in Greek to me. I have no Facebook, Twitter, Flickr etc accounts and my only online presence in on STW. Many IT folk simply can’t imagine/understand that?

Yes i’m sure i could learn if i had the inclination but i don’t. I have however sold pretty much everything i’ve ever put on the classifieds without ever usings pics so it’s obviously not essential.

BUT, i do agree that if you know how to do it, it makes for a better ad and if i knew how to do it, i would.

jota180
    Free Member

Can we also have a definitive guide to what a MAHOOOSIVE clearout is

Two 140mm stems and and a couple of old cassettes is somewhat disappointing and totally ruins my expectations from reading the subject line

😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

There are some VW Beetle seats for sale on a website with no pictures. They sound like what I could be looking for so I contacted to say “any pics?” “No, camera is broken” was the reply. They are still for sale a few months later.

Selling is not rocket science, people like to see what they are (potentially) shelling out their hard earned cash on. If you don’t know how to post images then ask someone who does know to do it for you. It really isn’t that difficult if you have a photobucket account.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Just in case anyone is interested…

Holyzeus
    Free Member

nickjb – Member

why not mention where you live for items that are collection only?
    +1

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Why oh why – geddit! 🙄

wwaswas

I’m not buying that it’s got black spray paint all over it.

Having said that, I do have some rear rotor envy.

nicko74

Nice bike – do the fork stanchions come with it, as you’ve left them out of the picture?

therealhoops
    Free Member

I got called a “timewaster” on email once by a user who wouldn’t send me any pics. Despite the fact he had an iPhone and iPad, (email footers were the clue). His loss.

Mister-P
    Free Member
    takisawa2

I find it odd that people will re-post a huge list, & take the time to go through crossing out things that are sold.
    Why not just not delete the whole line…

Dickyboy

If you are truly interested in the sale, then you’ll take the effort to email for pics 😉

poly
    Free Member

Mr Tall, +1 (and I guess you could argue I am in “IT”, but its not exactly a simple user experience). My rule of thumb is if I couldn’t describe it to my mother over the phone when she is not sitting in front of her PC and expect her to remember the steps the process is too complicated.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

@dickyboy.

Maybe if people were truly interested in selling they’d post pics?

😆

grum
    Free Member

The ‘basic’ instructions people put up about posting pics on here may as well be in Greek to me. I have no Facebook, Twitter, Flickr etc accounts and my only online presence in on STW. Many IT folk simply can’t imagine/understand that?

Sorry but it really ain’t hard, and I don’t work in IT. You could go to imageshack.us, upload a picture (select resize if you need to), then copy the bit where it says ‘Forum Code’, and paste that into a post here.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Why, oh why, oh why…’ is closed to new replies.