Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Why not just be a normal girl?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok not the now infamous Ms L Small….

….embarrassed to say that I have been know to watch a bit of I’m a Celebrity. So last night a couple of girls feel a little insecure about their looks. Fair enough. But then they seemed to round unfairly upon the hapless Amy WIllerton.

Leaving aside the wider issues raised (if that is possible) didn’t it all seem almost like bullying the pretty one. She seems perfectly pleasant so far, polite and arcticulate. But simply because others have their issues she is described (admittedly indirectly) as being abnormal and that others were 100x better than her.

Seemed just as unkind as the nastiness directed towards Adlington and just as unnecessary IMO.

user-removed
    Free Member

Wt actual f?!

Edit: oh, reality stuff. I’m off to pick the dirt out from between my toes.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

C’mon, U-N it made Radio5Live his morning so it must be of national importance….

Clearly not and I (and the whole of my sons year at school) are the only ones to watch IACGMOOH!!!

Not tonight sadly!!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I am totally confused – not only by the reality rubbish as I don’t watch it and have no interest in it – but what is ‘a normal girl?’

CountZero

Good point, it seems. I read a small newspaper piece about it, and, while I certainly feel for Becky Adlington over the nasty online trolls and their cruel comments about her appearance, to then complain that another girl’s physical appearance made her feel inadequate seems a little unfeeling. There are plenty of blokes around who’s appearance and abilities make me feel utterly inadequate, but that isn’t their fault, is it? I mean, accusing Hugh Jackman of making me miserable because he’s remarkably talented, and almost indecently good looking would really make me actually look a bit of a tit!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am totally confused – not only by the reality rubbish as I don’t watch it and have no interest in it – but what is ‘a normal girl?’

Not the aforementioned Amy if our golden girl is to be believed. Just struck me as being rather nasty and unpleasant and double standards for sure. Agree with you CZ.

Apologies for lowering the tone though!!!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

@cz Oh hugh jackman, for a minute there I thought you meant McMoonter 😀

I think its insecurities that are ‘normal’ – and I guess the ‘fun’ in those programs is watching people show theirs in the name of entertainment

IanMunro
    Free Member

….embarrassed to say that I have been know to watch a bit of I’m a Celebrity

I’ve reported to the mods that teamhurtmore’s account appears to has been hijacked.

chewkw
    Free Member

Not even know what you are talking about until I google … ahhh … I see …

My only comment on her is: Please use less make-up as heavy make-up is simply hideous.

brakes
    Free Member

make sure you put it on youtube. pm me.

There are plenty of blokes around who’s appearance and abilities make me feel utterly inadequate

I’m sorry about that, it’s good genes.

sc-xc

My only comment on her is: Please use less make-up as heavy make-up is simply hideous.

So are the shoes from Clarks that you wanted to buy a few years back.

I watched this with my lad last night, she’s very nice and pretty…I thought Rebecca was overreacting.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Wt actual f?!

I have just done a top coat of gloss on a skirting board, nice bit of cutting in and the prep/undercoat was top notch, I can set up a webcam over Skype if you fancy a look?

chewkw
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

So are the shoes from Clarks that you wanted to buy a few years back.

Clarks are comfy shoes that are not bad looking. Plain, yes but nothing too exciting but fine.

I watched this with my lad last night, she’s very nice and pretty…I thought Rebecca was overreacting.

She prettier without hideous make-up. Light make-up and she will look even better Phhhwwaarr … 😆

This is no good …

This is good …

This is good.

kevj
    Free Member

Edit:

Image fail!

footflaps

There was makeup in that first photo?

Sorry, didn’t notice…….

jekkyl

you see if I’d won 2 gold medals I wouldn’t give a rats arse what someone said about me, whatever that person has done with their life they haven’t won 2 gold **** medals. Also I wouldn’t be on twitter, that’s just silly.

hammyuk
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

A phrase that springs to mins is “I could wipe 90% of your beauty away with this wet wipe in seconds……”

CountZero

you see if I’d won 2 gold medals I wouldn’t give a rats arse what someone said about me, whatever that person has done with their life they haven’t won 2 gold **** medals. Also I wouldn’t be on twitter, that’s just silly.

Exactly my way of thinking, tbh. My response would always be “do what I did, or STFU”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s like a perfect storm of, like, “surprise”. Thm watching IACGMOOH and admitting to it on STW. 😀

I’ll save it up for another time. 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Why not just be a normal girl?’ is closed to new replies.