Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why no TV series on cycling?
  • ski
    Free Member

With the range of different cycling activities out there, I would have thought there would be enough material and interest to make something worth viewing?

Could cover events in track, road, mtb, trail, touring, commuting issues, the list is endless…

wwaswas

Like Howards Way but with bicycles instead of boats?

juan
    Free Member

hyperdrive… But it’s about the dark side
    And it’s a manga… Plu sIIRC they use to be a cops serie about cop riders

Onzadog
    Free Member

There was Pacific Blue, the American show about cops on bikes. Wasn’t there also a kids drama about bicycle messangers in London?

chakaping
    Free Member

And some of the Red Hand Gang had bikes, I don’t see what you’re complaining about really.

😉

marty
    Free Member

narrow minded mountain bikers wouldn’t watch stuff on other aspects of cycling.

;)*0.5

matthew_h
    Free Member

There was Streetwise in the late 80s which was about cycle couriers in London. Most of them rode Muddy Fox bikes iirc.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Streetwise, that’s the one!

aP
    Free Member

[cough] One word – Sky

Simon-E

I happened seeto Ski Sunday the other week and thought “they put skiing (yes downhill skiing) on the BBC every week yet cycling gets naff all!”. Skiing is about as common as moon landing in this country. Eddie the Eagle was the pinnacle of British ski-jumping not so long ago.

But most people in the UK are not interested in cycling, in fact they are actively disinterested. They view commuting cyclists as annoying road obstructions to be obliterated from their path (or an excuse to lean on the horn) and mountain bikers as self-harming adrenaline freaks. Despite the success in both track and mountain biking the bulk of the population care not for cycling as viewing material, whether for leisure or sport.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

the bulk of the population care not for cycling as viewing material, whether for leisure or sport.

Which is just as well, considering I care not for the bulk of televisual programming …

aP
    Free Member

Sky sponsor a British track team and have just launched the new British road team – why is any other broadcaster going to do anything that helps Sky? This deal has effectively removed cycling from terrestrial TV for the next 5 years.

marty
    Free Member

This deal has effectively removed cycling from terrestrial TV for the next 5 years.
    remind me what cycling was on terrestrial TV before?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Priceless 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Priceless

Tick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why no TV series on cycling?’ is closed to new replies.