Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Why no SNP candidates in England ?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Divorced and in the shit – now there is an apt analogy for one near miss!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“braveheart wannabies shouting freedom”(Ernies,can’t remember the exact wording)all came from English posters on the indy thread.

Actually it was “saltire-waving mel gibson wannabies”, I’m disappointed that you can’t remember.

And firstly Duckman I’m not English, in fact as a Scotsman you probably have more in common the English than me. And secondly I recall you making anti-English comments on that thread, as an example according to you the English like to interfere in other people’s countries, in contrast if it was left to peace-loving Scots no wars would occur, apparently.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

e8Q

😉

duckman

And firstly Duckman I’m not English, in fact as a Scotsman you probably have more in common the English than me. And secondly I recall you making anti-English comments on that thread, as an example according to you the English like to interfere in other people’s countries, in contrast if it was left to peace-loving Scots no wars would occur, apparently

1) Don’t care where you are from. I judge people on how they act,not their background…unlike you as evidenced with your opinion of anything to do with the SNP. Started any threads on how Alex Salmond giving his salary to charity is in some way a bad thing recently? Nothing personal there eh?

2) Nope,I didn’t say any of that. Unless you are referring to me stating that Scots didn’t want trident of course,in that case guilty as charged.Likewise an independent Scotland wouldn’t have had the resources to get involved in steaming into Iraq,also a fantastic thing as unlike some…We don’t GAS about being a world power or a perm seat on the UN security council.And the polls would suggest my fellow scots would agree that there are more important things than subs. If that is evidence of anti English comments or hatred then you must be scared to leave the house. Got anything better?
    You two and Zulu tipped you true colours when you had a collective hissy fit about the mineral resources of the UK and where they were located. Hatred of the SNP who might take all that away from you eh? To quote THM “And they say this doesn’t concern all of us.”

jambalaya
    Free Member

Alasdair Darling is chipping in now SNP coalitions, pointing out they make no sense for Labour and that the SNP wouild be unlikely to vote down a Labour minority government as the risk of a Tory win would cost them dearly as it did with Callahan/Thatcher in 1979

LINK: Darling presses Milliband to reject any deal with the SNP

jambalaya
    Free Member

I was questioning the phrase “called me out”, yes I read the posts and people where disagreeing, that’s perfectly fine of course. There is no logic to Scottish independence in my view other than a hatred of the English as Scotland would be a lot worse off and a small country with no influence politically or economically begging to join the EU – but we have been there done that debate ad nauseum already. Just explaining my thinking.

Agreed its a pointless debate so I won’t mention it again here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

There is no logic to Scottish independence in my view other than a hatred of the English as Scotland

Repeating this lie will not make it a fact. If you cannot grasp any other reason after hundreds of pages of debate and months of it then you really do have some comprehension issues.

Just explaining my thinking.

When I had finished laughing I actually realised that you think you are or have done this 😯
    All you have done is repeat the same absurd claim that they only want independence because they hate the English.
    Its a great indication of your ability to grasp an issue, explain your position and deal with facts 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

you had a collective hissy fit about the mineral resources of the UK and where they were located

You have completely lost the plot duckman, I have never made any comment regarding “the mineral resources of the UK and where they were located”. You are either confusing me with someone else or you’ve just made that up.

And I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what this is about :

Started any threads on how Alex Salmond giving his salary to charity is in some way a bad thing recently? Nothing personal there eh?

Again, are you confusing me with someone else? I have no idea what you’re talking about. I have never commented on Alex Salmond’s salary or what he gives to charity. I know nothing about his personal financial arrangements, nor do I care.

And as for, quote : “unlike you as evidenced with your opinion of anything to do with the SNP” and : “Hatred of the SNP” I have repeatedly said on here when discussing the general election that I hope Labour are wiped out in Scotland by the SNP. I have actually praised the SNP’s commitment to social policies and their anti-austerity stance, although I am critical of their economic policies, eg taxation. (on this thread in fact I think)

If I was living in Scotland I would more than likely vote SNP this coming general election (although they are a little right-wing for me), I would need to see the complete list of local candidates before making a final decision. None of that suggests “hatred” of the SNP which falsely allege.

And finally, my comment concerning “saltire-waving mel gibson wannabies” was very clearly aimed at specific separatists who are motivated imo by primitive petty nationalism. It was not a reference to Scots, although you want to pretend that it was. There was no anti-Scottish sentiments behind the remark, although you want to pretend that there was.

In exactly the same way that despite me personally being strongly opposed to continued EU membership I regularly dismiss UKIP as a bunch of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists, when asked to support them. But that comment in no logical way makes me anti-English.

I’m not comparing UKIP with the SNP btw, before you level that at me.

nemesis
    Free Member

So, Ernie, tell us about your hatred for the English…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It goes back to the Battle of Agincourt nemesis.

nemesis
    Free Member

Just imagine how much I hate myself then since presumably I’m half the same as you, half English and so totally conflicted in hating myself from both sides and then apparently also hating and loving the Scots simultaneously…

Because entire nations of people think the same way, don’t they…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

presumably I’m half the same as you

“Ethnically” I’m seven eighths French and one eighth Italian (Genoese). Not a drop of English or British blood in me.

I say ethically but I was born in France, have French nationality, was conscripted into the French armed forces for compulsory military service, and I learnt my trade in France, so a tad more than just ethically, although not much more – I’m a fairly typical South Londoner in every other respect.

nemesis
    Free Member

Not a drop of English or British blood in me.

+1 well, only by living here which I suppose is a debate in itself… Mind you, also a South Londoner…

Bloody foreigners, coming over here, taking our (your) jobs!

mefty
    Free Member

Bloody foreigners, coming over here, taking over our arguments

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Why are there any SNP candidates in Scotland? I would have thought they would all have retired or gone into hiding given the thrashing they received in the indy ref.

duckman

Sorry Ernie,I thought that was from Jambalaya,as it was him I had pointed to out that the offensive terms, including yours, came from your side of the wall.Your context obviously wasn’t clear enough at the time as I wasn’t the only person that mentioned it.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Ernie, I’ve read this somewhere but can’t find the book. Was it Azincourt where the French knights rode over their mercenary Genoese crossbowmen? I’m fairly sure it was a battle in that series.

Sorry if this introduces an inner conflict.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Slowoldgit – that was the battle of Crecy. The Genoese were caught in a rain shower* & where as longbows can be quickly unstrung, crossbows cannot. Bowstrings stretch when wet so lose power.
    The bolts of the Genoese were falling short & being mercenaries the French suspected they had been bought off by the English forces.

*allegedly.

duckman

So was it reported like that,or did the wandering minstrals go from town to town putting a state sponsored spin on it?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Why are there any SNP candidates in Scotland? I would have thought they would all have retired or gone into hiding given the thrashing they received in the indy ref.

Losing a battle doesn’t mean losing the war.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Sorry Ernie,I thought that was from Jambalaya,as it was him I had pointed to out that the offensive terms, including yours, came from your side of the wall.Your context obviously wasn’t clear enough at the time as I wasn’t the only person that mentioned it.

Jambalaya’s hatred for the SNP is so rabid I’ve given up reading his posts.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sadly that’s true – although Chinese water torture might be more appropriate.

Never mind the means, we will get there in th……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No Slowoldgit I didn’t know about that. And yes I feel a torturous inner conflict now. I blame the English. Elderberry smelling sons of hamsters.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just seen this :

Sorry Ernie,I thought that was from Jambalaya

No worries, but ffs don’t confuse me with Jambalaya 🙁

matt_outandabout

@ernie_lynch – I can almost see that battlement from my house 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Why no SNP candidates in England ?’ is closed to new replies.