Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Why mumsnet and not us?
  • Mark

’tis true. I had to sign an agreement to allow it.

Northwind

Mark – Resident Grumpy

Those numbers are out by a factor of three. We get around 3 million ‘visits’ a month.

Yeah, but a million of those are me, at work

MrsToast
    Free Member

Mumsnet is ace, and curiously addictive. Come for the pregnancy and parenting advice, stay for the parking threads (with diagrams).

They also have pretty good product tests, I was gutted that I couldn’t put myself forward for testing the Thule Chariot Cougar last year (was pregnant at the time, therefore didn’t have a child to test with – still looking for a good trailer now our spawn is ten months old). 🙁

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s not quite Corbyn, but part of a thread from this form was used on last year’s AS English language paper for the meaning and representation question.

Whoa! Which one?

kimbers

Whoa! Which one?

picolax?

Cougar

Those numbers are out by a factor of three.

Is if fair to assume the Mumsnet figures are similarly skewed?

I was gutted that I couldn’t put myself forward for testing the Thule Chariot Cougar last year

I’d like to make it clear that STW’s Chariot Cougar is not available for testing.

martinhutch

AS English language paper for the meaning and representation question.

Our education system really has gone to hell.

Mark

Those numbers are out by a factor of three.
    Is if fair to assume the Mumsnet figures are similarly skewed?

Well I can only speak with authority on our numbers but I’d be similarly suspicious of any other numbers that site reports.

According to Alexa Singletrack is ranked 2069th in the UK and Mumsnet is ranked 440th. And looking at the pageviews % it looks to me like Mumsnet is about 3 times bigger than Singletrack in terms of page impressions. We clocked up 8 million page views in the last 30 days so I’d estimate that Mumsnet is delivering around 24 million page impressions to about 4 million unique users (vs our 1.9 million).

Cougar

Well I can only speak with authority on our numbers but I’d be similarly suspicious of any other numbers that site reports.

I worded it badly but that was kinda my point.

We’re doing ok, it seems, for what is superficially a niche target audience. “Mums” vs “MTBers,” the odds are in their favour.

v8ninety

Brilliant thing about STW is it’s stored repository of good advice/entertaining bolleaux; Pretty sure I actually found this place in search results for a random NON mtb related search request, and since then it frequently pops up high up in the results for non MTB googling (even when googling on public/work PCs). I’m sure I’m not alone in this. ‘Tis ace, this place.

Cougar

I always said,

You’ll come for the bikes,
    You’ll stay for the bollocks.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy
    We clocked up 8 million page views in the last 30 days (our 1.9 million unique users).

Seems extremely high for an mtb site? I guess you need to factor in people with multiple devices. I, possibly, personally account for 4 of those unique users? ie phone/laptop/tablet/work. Guess if you are getting those from IP address, then possibly 3 users(home/work/mobile). Though, maybe even more if it is ip address, considering, logging in to public wifi, parents house, friends houses etc.

Be amazed if there’s 1.9 million active user accounts on here?

aracer
    Free Member

Clearly mumsnet can’t compete there.

Drac

Be amazed if there’s 1.9 million active user accounts on here?

Users not members. Mark will explain how it they are counted.

1.9m members is possible just on Fred’s aliases alone.

Cletus

Surprised by those figures tbh – they are quite thought provoking when one considers the limited circulation of some quite well known printed magazines.

Does TJ realise that he is one of the UK’s most widely read lefty’s and, if so, what will he do with that power?

Also CFH will be wondering how he can monetise his style and travel advice.

mogrim

I just want to know what the AS English exam thread was!

And nice one PP 🙂

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Here is the insert from AQA.

Link

Stoner
    Free Member

jeez, they could have at least picked a good thread with some their/theyre/there, 0/10, bombers, toilet jokes, chippy northerners, helmet discussions etc etc.

mogrim

Think cruzcampo might have been exaggerating too, 1-5 days off/month 😆

Still, nice to see Ton as an example of English language usage, an educational model for the coming generations.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    jeez, they could have at least picked a good thread with some their/theyre/there, 0/10, bombers, toilet jokes, chippy northerners, helmet discussions etc etc.

I can just imagine the question:

Evaluate the success and relative merits of the [there certainly won’t be more than one] evidence based argument vs JUST SHOUTING REALLY LOUD in this discussion about the benefits of wearing a helmet.

Kamakazie

They could have subscribed as well!

Stoner
    Free Member

or “how many fish puns can you find in this thread on diarrhoea and piles”

Bonus marks available for deconstructing each of perchypanther’s posts.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

perchypanther’s

Is that a fish pun?

Speeder

What was/were the question/s?

Jamie
    Free Member

According to Alexa Singletrack is ranked 2069th in the UK and Mumsnet is ranked 440th

My Amazon Echo can’t even tell me what time the chippy shuts 🙁

martinhutch

Would have thought it more likely this place would pop up in a psychology exam.

How many personality disorders are represented within this online political discussion?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is that a fish pun?

Yes, it is…

“how many fish puns can you find in this thread on diarrhoea and piles”

There’s a time and a plaice for discussing such a serious subject.
    It’s no laughing matter if you almost carp yourself.*

*Discuss. (5 Marks)

aracer
    Free Member

I’m amazed they managed to find a thread without any of that content.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-riding-health-and-fitness-vs-none-cycling-peers to save anybody else searching for the original

bencooper
    Free Member

What was/were the question/s?

What tyres for passing AS English?

jam-bo

boom. where are my royalty fees.

what was the question?

phunkmaster
    Free Member

boom. where are my royalty fees.

what was the question?

Explore how text B (the entire page) uses language to create meaning and representation.

Then they compare text A and B.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Why mumsnet and not us?’ is closed to new replies.