Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • WHY?!?!?! (Man bits horror content!!)
  • robdob
    Free Member

Ok so I got to work after a long ride in, 20 miles. Chilly but I had all the gear so I was comfortable.
    Undressed for a shower as usual……
    WHERE ARE MY TESTICLES????????

They had shrunk back up into my body, like I was 8 again or something. Only now, after a hot shower and a calming cup of tea have they regain their former, errr, dangliness.

I will do anything, buy anything to stop this happening again.
    They weren’t cold really, and I wasn’t either.

I’m sorry about this but as the saying goes, a problem shared is a problem, errr, doubled. 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

I normally crying too much from peeing through a frozen baby carrot, to notice where my balls have gone.

pedalhead
    Free Member

They weren’t cold really

testicle migration working correctly then

robdob
    Free Member

I honestly didn’t know whether to put my trousers on or ask one of the female staff if they could lend me a skirt.

Still ache slightly. 🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m surprised it’s the first time it’s happened though.
    Do you normally wear fleece lined pants or something? 🙂

downshep

Try running a marathon, the whole lot shrinks like a crisp poke under a hot grill. Thought I’d grown a monkey nut.

A long bath does the trick.

philconsequence
    Free Member

never happened to me before :S but a lot of guys mention it like its normal?

i’d be freaking out if they disappeared!

seeing as STW is mainly older men, can we start a basic poll of if its happened to them/normal?

if i’m weird for it not having happened… then i’m glad i’m weird.

TPTcruiser

Ninja/samurai retractable function, most useful.
    Were you listening to “Kung Fu fighting” on the iPod?

epicyclo

er, did you dip them in the “calming cup of tea” or did they regrow naturally? 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s normal.
    If it’s never happened before you’ve got a special needs scrotum or have never got cold 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You just keep telling yourself that Ian 😆

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

It’s the pain in the end of my ‘frozen baby carrot’ that stops me riding much road in the winter. Baggy shorts over lycra would probably work but look daft on a road bike and I have had limited success with wearing a ‘third sock’.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Bit of deep heat on the end works wonders.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Its going for a pee that I find mad, esp if none comes out to start with and your nadger swells up then goes off like a fire hydrant… always try to warm it first

matt_outandabout

Last turkey in the shop?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Try surfing in February for the ultimate “I’ve turned into a girl!” experience.

robdob
    Free Member

Never happened before, I wear Lusso bib tights over Lycra cycling shorts AND it wasn’t that cold today I reckon.

There was some therapeutic massaging needed to regain the family jewels.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

What you need, sir, is a ThermaJock: http://thermajock.com/

ThermaJock: Cold Weather Protection For Men

robdob
    Free Member

That would NOT be AWESOME. 😉

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Could it be connected to the body’s ‘fight or flight’ response?

I must admit that quite often after a gym session the results are similar to your scenario, so I’m wondering if there’s a redirection of blood to the areas of the body which require it most during exercise, thereby leaving non-vital organs for the chosen exertion starved of sustenance.

It is embarrassing though, eh?

Cougar

Back when I used to ride a motorbike, I discovered the hard way that my leathers were only waterproof to a point.

The shape of my legs on the tank formed a natural lake of rain water over time, as it pooled up. Eventually, the waterproofness of my trousers would be exceeded and, with little other warning, a puddle of icey cold water would gently but suddenly kiss the underside of my scrotum. Really focuses the mind, that. If my plums had retracted in fear much further you’d think I had tonsilitis.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve been cold, i’ve been very cold, cold enough for the family jewels to shrink but never have they disappeared up inside of me 😯

genuinely sounds like the most horrific thing in the world… how do they fit? where’s the hole they go into?!

perhaps i’m just lucky i’m a warm person with lots of blood or summin?

Cougar

Could it be connected to the body’s ‘fight or flight’ response?

It’s purely temperature. Their, ah, optimum operating temperature is a degree or so below body temperature, which is why they’re kept in a handy carrying pouch.

Luminous
    Free Member

LoL.

Some excellent ones here:

special needs scrotum

Has got to be up there with:

Flap dribble

which emerged during a thread where the women on here were chatting about answering the call of nature while out on a ride.

😆

The baby carrot thing has been known to occur, but the two veg are always where I think they should be…

Must be shocking if you were to get baby carrot and the retracting plums at the same time.
    😯

vitalspark
    Free Member

try bawstick

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Better they retract then fall off.

I guess the main worry would be if the left one re-emerged through the right ones hole and vice:versa.

You’d get yourself in a right old knot then.

robdob
    Free Member

I need to check them again as the ache is still there.

[saunters casually away from desk as to avoid suspicion and hide panic]

bullheart
    Free Member

My wife says this thread is useless without pics.

I’m inclined to disagree and simply use my imagination.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I need to check them again as the ache is still there.

Yes, do check them. If they’ve come out of the wrong holes you’ll have a bad case of Twisticles……

JEngledow
    Free Member

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ll be wanting that back later.
    You’re one of those Nigerian witch doctors that can steal penises just by shaking hand with someone, aren’t you?

peajay

Agree with Cougar, you don’t know cold till you’ve been motorbike cold!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Yep, I can vouch for that. The worst I can remember was stopping at a petrol station with hands numb to the wrists and staying for 20 minutes lurking, wincing at the pain as circulation returned.

damion
    Free Member

Oh thats a tough one. Most shrinkage from motorbike or winter water induced coldness?

I think I’ve never had as much pain trying to move after charging up and down the A1 on a bike without a fairing.

However, if my memory serves me right, I had more shrinkage after an unplanned swim whilst kayaking in january.

Hmmm…

Moses

It’s normal, but then I do a fair bit of open-water swimming. My scrotum seems to compress the plums up into my abdomen in cold, and a bit of cosy warmth will coax them down with no harm done. It’s better than frost-bite.
    (Pun, for the French speakers)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Never noticed them vanish under a chill MTBing. But I do find it hard to get those bits chilled, they’re generally well placed for staying warm even in snowy rides in shorts! But I have lost them while surfing.

jond
    Free Member

>I need to check them again as the ache is still there.

If it gets worse…BLOODY WELL GET YERSELF TO A&E !!

I used to to have the reverse problem – over-dangliness. Often used to wake with a bit of an ache, shuffle things around/turn over, sorted itself. Went on for years, to late 20’s, until…

…one day it didn’t..got worse and worse – by the time I got the doc around in the evening it was subsiding, but too late. All a bit puzzled in A&E (prumably ‘cos they thought I shouldn’t be still standing due to pain, or something like that, from a torsion). A record I guess, 4 or 5 pairs of hands on my nads in one evening, none of them my GF’s, and none of it much fun 😮
    That was friday…by sunday one side was like a large avocado (size, not colour !). Ultrasound monday – almost didn’t happen cos some idiot fecked up, persistent GF sorted it, gawd knows what would happened otherwise.
    Following day, removal of offending nad. Which, according to the consultant, was going off a bit by then (I paraphrase). Oh, and a totally pointless bit of sack shaving on my part – they actually go in at bikini line level, ‘cept the twunts didn’t tell me…still, at least it was so big that everything had got smoothed out by that point, and nothing got nicked…

I get chucked out two days later with no bloody warning, I *think* pulling stitches ‘cos I’m lugging a rucsac full of books that friends had kindly left, expecting me to be in rather longer – plus I left my big feckoff bunch of flowers my GF had brought 🙁 I spend the next several weeks sleeping on my back *very* carefully (inc one or two scares where I think I’ve twisted t’other side) – oh, and it’s taking about 15 or 20 minutes to even get out of the chair to the upstairs loo (hence the pulled stitches theory, half of that’s just trying to stand up)

Some months later I get the remaining nad stitched to the scrotum to stop it rotating, and I can sleep properly again.

Hopefully that’s the only thing I’ve got in common with Hitler !

hillsplease

Baby carrot – yes. Often.

Retraction – not yet, despite unfaired motorbikes and the joy that is icy water soaking to places icy water should not go.

So something to look forwards to.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Some months later I get the remaining nad stitched to the scrotum to stop it rotating, and I can sleep properly again.

Reading that mine have just start retracting to their safe place out of fear.

Cougar

a bad case of Twisticles……

I need a new keyboard, this one’s full of tea now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘WHY?!?!?! (Man bits horror content!!)’ is closed to new replies.