Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Why kick a moo cow
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh my, this is good!

Really good.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Where’d you find that then, and how much?
    How strong?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

From the lovely folks at http://www.cambridgewine.com/shops/SalisburyWinchesterStreet.asp

Price? Can’t remember!
    Strength – 5.5%

Sweet and floral, but not overly so. Really crisp overall. Just marvellous.

wallop

Made in our Bristol! Had some last night – very nice indeed (if £5 in my local…). About 5% I think.

wallop

PS – it’s not really made in New Zealand.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PPS – Waikikamukau isn’t a real place. 😉

wallop

If you like that one, Flashy, try and find a bottle of Fang by the Black Flag brewery in Cornwall. Very crisp – gorgeous!

I’m enjoying my new love of pale ales for the summer!

scaredypants

I’m on this just now – not bad at all

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wallop, will keep an eye out for that.

Am keeping it West Country tonight, with a bottle of Moor Revival next up.

Founders? Good call there!

wallop

I’ve not tried anything from Moor yet, but Revival was on at my local last night too. Let us know how it is! Their brewery tap isn’t far from here either – I love Bristol!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moor stuff is almost always utterly brilliant, Wallop. Don’t think I’ve ever had anything disappointing from them. Get on it!

Also in my stash from Cambridge is a bottle of Downton Chimera. A stunner, but at 7%, I think it may be one to leave until the morrow!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Moor is over-priced and very very overrated. Brewed just beside the tip in St Philips. I stopped in there to buy some stuff from the brewery shop – to be honest, they were as **** as I thought they might be. Yknow, just brew good beer, but don’t disappear up your own arse chasing the hop you found sticking out of it only reappearing to tell us about the journey you took.

wallop

😆

OMG DD – I just remembered the wood! I’m so, so sorry 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was cursing you (I wasn’t really) the other day wallop as I was dragging my stuff out around the bags of it. I have five bags now. I know it’s summer, but please take them, otherwise they’re headed to the tip this week. That’s the tip just beside Moor’s brewery.

*awaits wood-based innuendo from O’Flashearty*

wallop

OK – DM me where I have to collect it from and which nights are convenient for you this week.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will do babs.

MrNice
    Free Member

Products ofThornbridge brewery for me tonight. Another rather lovely pale ale 🙂

onewheelgood

Tasty. And made specially for us.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wallop, DD – Get a room! 😉

Thornbridge Wild Swan is ace, MrN. I love the trend for people making “small beer”, lighter, easier going stuff. There’s always a time and place for the loony tunes stuff, but sometimes, small beer is just perfect.

CountZero

Had a couple of pints of Pendulum, by Castle Combe Brewery in my local last night, only 3.8, but a really good session pale ale, good flavour, not overly hoppy or citrusy, could have happily downed a couple more, ‘cept it was nearly midnight, and they wanted us to piss off so they could go to bed… 😀

Pook

Little Valley ales are a new discovery for me. Their Moor Ale is a lovely pint.

Also I’ve been drinking Whitstable Bay too – that’s nice

Stoner
    Free Member

new draught cloudy cider from Westons just arrived in the pub 2 weeks ago.

Absolutley perfect. Not too tangy, not too strong. Just right.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Why kick a moo cow’ is closed to new replies.