Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Why it pays to report trail issues to the local council!
  • strike
    Free Member

I reported an issue a month ago with a bridleway, regarding worsening erosion by farm vehicles and got the following reply yesterday:

We can now provide you with the following update from the ROW team:
    ‘The route was assessed with the landowner and contractor. Awaiting quote from contractor to carry out levelling works and working with landowner to improve drainage. Works will then be carried out on the route to improve conditions’.

This is the second time I’ve reported damage (and the previous time also resulted in prompt action).

PJM1974
    Free Member

Good for you, my local council is shit.

I’ve been told that a dangerous stretch of bridleway cannot be diverted or repaired due to insufficient funding.

matt_outandabout

Good effort. Which council?

*prays it is not Derbyshire and the location Rushop Edge*

strike
    Free Member

No, rest assured it’s not Derbyshire CC! This one was Suffolk CC and the other one was Norfolk CC.

With the report to Norfolk CC, it was where a farmer had ploughed up a bridleway that separated his 2 fields. The farmer flatly denied having destroyed the path but within a month it had been reinstated….!

legend
    Free Member

*waits for “The Council Have Sanitized My Trails” thread*

matt_outandabout

^ that

Mind you, the trails in Suffolk are pretty sanitized from memory. It’s not like you have gert big hills and much rain. 😉
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/5eQqGb]100B5782[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Good for you, my local council is shit.

This. For any Calderdale locals, I’ve reported the bottom part of ‘Wireworks’ (the BW opposite the Halifax data centre at Copley) a few times and each time had a response along the lines of “we’re working with the landowner but its difficult due to the lay of the land” blah blah blah. Basically in the really bad summer 3/4 years back, a stream running down the middle of a field burst its banks and since then has flowed down the bottom 70m or so of a really, really good BW descent which has washed it all away and basically, knackered it.

Its getting to the point where, under the cover of darkness, the problem might be solved by a vigilante local rider…

jam-bo

awaits ‘trail sanitisation rant’ thread.

andybrad

got a map to that dave?

i know some people recently had abusive comments from the local council due to them reporting fallen walls on a footpath. Yes i know you shouldnt ride on a footpath but in no way should that mean we should be treated like we deserve to get hurt!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A section near me has been closed for months due to vandalism…………

By badgers!

It’s some tory conspiracy to get the cull.

woody2000

Andy – it’s a BW on the hillside directly opposite Halifax (Lloyds now?) data centre in Copley. Very obvious on a map

DBW – I’d join you for some vigilante action!

andybrad

ah i know the copley cracker down that way and hope street bit but nothing else.

woody2000

Copley cracker is the one DBW is talking about Andy

andybrad
    andybrad

ahh cheers

its more fun like it is 🙂

woody2000

That’s the one. I like the rocks, I don’t like the constant stream of water that covers them though :0)

Dry it up, then I just need to find 28 seconds from somewhere to bag the KOM 🙂

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’ve tried this with Devon CC ref the public highway to where I live. It hasn’t worked.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Why it pays to report trail issues to the local council!’ is closed to new replies.