Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • why isn't the back button working?
  • Freester

Stopped working again for me today.

33tango

not working for me either and hasn’t for weeks on any computer I use.

jp-t853

It worked for a short while for me but been broken again for about a week. Home and work windows 7 PC’s with Firefox.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

IMHO – it’s a problem with Firefox + STW

MadPierre

I can confirm its a problem with the adverts and Firefox. If I disable them it works ok. Turn them on and my back button is fubarred.

nickjb
    Free Member

Is it the back button not working or the ads reloading the page several times? If you hold the back button it should give a list of the last pages. If it is the current page several times then it is the reload issue rather than the back button itself. ie you are going back, just back to the same page several times until you actually go back.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Workaround: Don’t click Back in anger.

zippykona

Where is the back button?

Cougar

Just to the left of the Forward button.

jimjam
    Free Member

Still not working but i notice if you click back before the ads load it works fine.

agent007
    Free Member

Back button still not working for me, Macbook Pro browsing with Firefox. Not worked for a while. Fine on the iPad.

Mounty_73

Just googled this thread, the back button doesn’t work using either the mouse or firefox back button….its only doing it on STW 😉

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

when do we get our back button back?

jp-t853

Pawsy_Bear – Member

when do we get our back button back?

Nobody is listening

captain-slow
    Free Member

wasn’t going to post here, but as I’m unable to leave the page…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

-ally

*There is a workaround [hold the Back button and select the page you want to go to]

*The issue isn’t on STW’s servers, making it harder to find, let alone fix

*Apart from those that haven’t found the way to turn the ads off when logged-in as Premier, those affected are all using the site for free

*It doesn’t affect every browser, even.

It looks like it’s pretty much lowest priority to fix.

Probably will happen after they add support for WEBM and other niceties [Don’t hold your breath!].

dragon
    Free Member

those affected are all using the site for free

Jesus you guys are unbalivable, why not just say it ‘we have no interest in people using our website for free’. Not sorting your own comapnies problems, then saying well it’s the customers fault is a rediculous attitude. How do I even know that once I’ve piad my money to be a Premier user it will work, appart from your dubious assurances that sound like something a con artist would say?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You said it Dragon!

This forum would be nothing without the input of we forumites; that is our ‘payment’. So how about giving us a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T and sorting the issue out?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I was going to do the £10 subscription to get rid of the adds but didn’t really want to 1) do a direct debit and forget and 2) pay £15 next year.

£10 is OK as I tried a membership for a year but didn’t read any of the mags.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Woah woah woah guys – I’m nothing to do with the site admin/team/etc!!

The above was just, like, my opinon man.

Tuner Guy, I thought there was a no-ads-only sub? I only went Premier myself* a couple of day ago because I wanted to read the Mag, but the lack of ads makes the site faster, and incidentally fixes the issue with the back button.

*After happily shitposting for free for a few years 😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Both Premier and non-Premier users should have the expectation the back button working. It is one thing to pay for enhanced functionality but quite another to be expected to cough-up for the services you would consider to be fundemental.

In business your reputation and image are everything. The forum is a direct reflection of the ST magazine business in general. If something isn’t right, it matters, and ought to be put right as quickly as possible.

chakaping
    Free Member

The entitlement is strong in this one.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In case anyone’s landed on this page who was in a huff about my post partway down P4, can they have a look a look at the one at the bottom of P4 please..

Cougar

Both Premier and non-Premier users should have the expectation the back button working.

Well, that’s expectations for you.

I don’t disagree that it should work, and if you read back there have been a few workarounds suggested previously which might help until the issue is totally resolved, but I reject absolutely the notion that you get to start making demands about something if you’re getting it for free.

Cougar

Oh, and anecdotally,

In order to try and help I’ve just had a play with the site using IE11, no browser plugins loaded and not logged in, and it seems to be working just fine for me.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Im a premier member and back aint working for me

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

ah it works if I turn off adverts

chakaping
    Free Member

It sometimes doesn’t work for me.

I really really can’t understand how anyone could get uptight about it though.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Pawsy_bear do you have ads deactivated on your Premier settings?
    http://singletrackworld.com/premier/account/

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Back button seems to now be working on Firefox…

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘why isn't the back button working?’ is closed to new replies.