Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)
  • why isn't the back button working?
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Any progress on this issue ?

Cougar

You can just click the links at the top of the page in the meantime?

I’ll see if I can get an update.

z1ppy

seems better to me now (it wasn’t working earlier)

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

I encountered the problem on my android when I updated google, although I think it’s related to the ads rather than the update because when I used one of those programs (that shall not be named) to load the site without ads the problem disappeared.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Seems to be fixed today 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Any chance we could have a ‘forum’ link at the bottom of each thread?

“Forum Overview” at the bottom V

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

takes you to page one though. But anyway – the problem seems to be fixed.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Seems to be a similar issue rearing its head – My Firefox on Windows 7 keeps getting stuck with the back button not working – which is mostly an issue if I follow a link from a page and then can’t get back.

On two different machines and very repeatable on my work machine.

Microsoft sites often ‘trap’ you into their sites, and it seems similar to that.

Northwind

I had this yesterday on firefox, but only while not logged in- so I assume it’s ad related?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

so I assume it’s ad related?

maybe add related but predominantly poor coding/lack of testing…

natrix
    Free Member

Happening to me on firefox now 🙁

rudebwoy
    Free Member

yep -same problem here –

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’m using firefox and tonight the back button wasn’t working. It quickly became apparent that the problem fixed itself when i logged onto the forum.

I’m also having weird issues today where by the long advert on the left of my screen keeps extending about an inch or so over the text body of the forum posts etc making them unreadable without another refresh.

I like this forum but i do find the adverts a bit OTT and annoying, especially the big self expanding one at the top…

deepreddave
    Free Member

Firefox and back button not working here – can right click and select 2 pages back to get ‘proper back’. I’m getting closer to paying for P membership or just not visiting….

divenwob
    Free Member

As above on Firefox,what is going on???????
    EDIT, 20+ left clicks and still here. 😯

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Back button takes between 3 and 6 goes to work when using IE on Windows Phone 7.

jp-t853

Same problem here on Firefox for a couple of days.

Right clicking the back arrow to find the forum page is a right pain

windysurfer
    Free Member

Anyone found a solution to this yet, it’s driving me mad!

Cougar

Does it still do it if you wait a few seconds after the page has fully loaded before clicking? That’s the behaviour I observed last time around.

Hitting ‘Home’ on the keyboard and clicking the [Chat Forum] etc links at the top of the page dodges the issue completely, of course.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Cougar – yes it does on mozilla anyway. Plus occasionally the left hand ad stretches across the page. I’m resorting to either stopping the page fully loading and right clicking on the back button, usually to select a page 2 pages back but which takes way more ‘back’ clicks back to go back.

Freester

I’ve had this for the last week. Latest Firefox on W7 if it helps.

Back button working on Chrome on Android BUT I can see from the progress bar some pages loading more than once.

Even doing it sometimes on the forum (not thread) pages sometimes.

ski
    Free Member

Was having problems with Firefox, double clicking the back button seemed to work, but now I am getting the advert strip on the left side of the websites blocking this centre section?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Hitting ‘Home’ on the keyboard and clicking the [Chat Forum] etc links at the top of the page dodges the issue completely, of course.

except if you have come from a page other than the first page, of course.

timba
    Free Member

Firefox 33.0, same problem. Right-click the back button and select the page you want to go to, or ABP plug-in for Firefox

jp-t853

Still a problem here with Firefox.
    Need to right click back button to find the last page.
    Left side banner covers half of the page so you need to press F5 to refresh to get it to go away.

That is more of a pain as the previous page then refreshes so the threads are constantly jumping around.

It is a bit shit/lazy really

Gary_M
    Free Member

Same here using firefox on windows laptop. Back button refreshes current page, right mouse click on the back button shows 4 pages for the thread so *2 what it should be.

Right click anywhere on the page brings up the menu though and the back button works in the menu.

z1ppy

Ahhhh it starting to drive me crazy again (chrome latest update)

nickjb
    Free Member

Doing it again for me. Chrome on Android. Was fixed from the first time a few weeks ago but broken again now.

aracer
    Free Member

[/quote]

That’s not standard is it? Are you running STW Extender Tools?

Cougar

At the very bottom, under “Website and Forums.”

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, so it is – never look down there. STWET does give you it straight after the last post where kayak wants though.

BTW for anybody interested I’ve been running a new version of STW Extender Tools with added functionality for a while, but the original author hasn’t published my changes, so I’ll probably publish it myself shortly. Just wondering now whether I can make the links that provides below the last post go back to the page you came from as TurnerGuy wants…

Cougar

Sorry, I thought you were joking. Extender Tools?

john_drummer
    Free Member

happening for me again. Opera

SaxonRider

I haven’t read this whole thread, but it is happening to me today on both Chrome and IE.

Leku
    Free Member

Now happening to me in Safari

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Y3kkHWIdM[/video]

sturdylad
    Free Member

Happening for me too.

Firefox on a windows 7 machine

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Funny how it has started happening at different times for people.

Might be worthwhile clearing out histories/caches/etc to see what happens.

robhughes
    Free Member

Not again.Dam annoying 👿

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘why isn't the back button working?’ is closed to new replies.