Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Why isn't my frame selling ???(Old 26" frame query!)
  • hora
    Free Member

I would yes secondhand. Still lots for sale new nevermind secondhand. I wouldnt give into low-ballers like suburbanreuban. He wouldnt resell at a similar stupid price.

If a non damaged frame was only worth 200-300 currently I’d keep it.

chestrockwell

I don’t understand…. With the amount of people on here that insist anything but 26″ is bad and moan because their shed full of stuff that won’t fit current standards is useless I’d have thought this frame would have sold in no time. 😕

Alpha1653

Unfotunately, the market has moved on so, as it’s been stated several times, if it’s not 650B/29, tapered head tube yadda yadda yadda then it’s not very desirable anymore. That’s not to say that the new stuff rides any better but fashion is moving on. Of course, this means that people will probably pay a LOT less than it’s worth to you. Exactly as Tomaso says, if you don’t want to drop the price, then keep it and rag it until it breaks.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s the size. Having been at the other end of the spectrum with frame size, your market is somewhat diminished. No doubt though the right buyer will come along at some point.

chestrockwell

Looks like all those that refused to consider anything but 26″ a few months back either aren’t as big a gang as they thought or have changed their mind. 😉

For what it’s worth, a repainted frame would not put me off as long as it had been done well and if I wanted a Turner I wouldn’t think this one badly priced. I’m currently on the look out for some decent 1 1/8th forks for my ht and that is proving a problem so that, as suggested could be the main problem.

Saying that, most of STW have a pile of 26″ specific 1 1/8th forks sat around for a rainy day, don’t they? 😈

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Soooo despite the roasting that I got from turner fans at the time…. I was right. The 2011 was a bloody better frame due to the subtle angle changes allround.

didn’t say that – the steeper HA is just less fashionable now.

A non-tapered or 44mm headtube is fine for anything XC and is probably fine for the 5 spot. Having 10mm dropouts on the back is no issue either as the back of those Turners is probably as stiff as anything out there.

I think the respray was probably a mistake.

wallop

RAL 6018 is Waitrose green.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I would yes secondhand. Still lots for sale new nevermind secondhand. I wouldnt give into low-ballers like suburbanreuban. He wouldnt resell at a similar stupid price.

If a non damaged frame was only worth 200-300 currently I’d keep it.

Me , a lowballer? I’ve already said I’m not interested,due entirely to the colour. I might have made an offer but my valuation and the seller’s were too far apart for me to think he might accept so I didn’t bother. When sellers include the statement “sensible offers considered” you know their idea of “sensible” is within £50, max.
    It’s been for sale for 6 months plus with no movement on price. He even had one of these “why isn’t my frame selling” threads then,with the same “oh no mate,it’s worth every penny” advice.
    The OP asked why it isn’t selling, so I told him why I didn’t buy it, despite initially being interested. Note that not one single other poster has said they were tempted!
    As I see it,the seller has two options;
    keep it,despite the fact he says he needs the money for house repairs, and ride it maybe another handful of times, or stick it on Ebay and get rid. It’s the right time of year, but as you say Hora, there are a lot about,not just secondhand…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

A non-tapered or 44mm headtube is fine for anything XC and is probably fine for the 5 spot

its fine performance-wise but limits your choices of current and (more importantly) future forks. I’m perfectly happy with my 26″, but the state of the industry at the mo means Im more likely to keep hold of mine, less likely to buy a new (or new-to-me) frame, and much less likely to buy a frame full of soon-to-be obsolete standards (wheel diameter + axle width + steerer diameter). I’ve coveted the Ibis Mojo since its release but passed on their £900 NOS SL’s as it’d be a long term investment, and I’m not sure I could buy eg. a quality fork in standard 1 1/8th in 5 years time when my current one is dead.

It’s been for sale for 6 months plus with no movement on price

Would suggest the OP’s valuation and the market valuation vary significantly. Ebay, either auction or BIN+best offer for a bit more protection and it’ll fetch what it’s worth.

renton
    Free Member

Frame has sold for my asking price.

Thanks

Steve

timc
    Free Member

seen you ads renton & was always curious what you were going to replace it with! any pics of new bike?

renton
    Free Member

Nothing yet timc.

Need the money for other things unless I.can find it elsewhere.

More than likely stick with 26 inch wheels but with tapered headset.

coogan
    Free Member

****, just noticed you sold it, what I just typed does’t matter now!

tomaso
    Free Member

I did ponder Renton’s Turner when I had all my bikes nicked and I actually made an offer for the complete bike but it didn’t get accepted as it was too low.

I ended up buying a complete Spesh Pitch for half the money that also head a straight head tube 26 inch wheels etc etc.

A bike has two values – what it is worth to you and what it is worth to someone else. But it can just come down to being at the right place at the right time.

renton
    Free Member

Tomaso……. At least you would if known what sort of condition it was in after buying the stumpy from me.

Anyway the new to be owner seems excited to be getting his hands on it and hopefully it will be ridden more than I’ve had chance to !

tomaso
    Free Member

Glad you sold it :mrgreen: And I had no qualms about buying from you as the Stumpjumper was perfect and as described.

mattbee

Sure threads like this have no effect on sales though, not like its a massive amount of extra exposure. Classifieds is classifieds, if you ask me. Keep it there…

renton
    Free Member

Sure threads like this have no effect on sales though, not like its a massive amount of extra exposure. Classifieds is classifieds, if you ask me. Keep it there…

Yet here you are commenting on it??

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Why isn't my frame selling ???(Old 26" frame query!)’ is closed to new replies.