• This topic has 49 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Why isn't my bike selling?
  • richmtb

Pictures in daylight might help. It looks a bit half arsed at the moment.

Nice curtains though

BigDummy
    Free Member

If you actually want to sell something: 99p start, no reserve, good pictures.

What you get is what it’s worth on the day you sell it, which is frequently rather disappointing.

OP seems to have done pretty much the reverse of that. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

1500 miles is not high mileage.

It is to a buyer – as a (picky) buyer I’d like to see a low-low price and/or new drivetrain.

tonyd

already on the bay so it appears the market has dictated!

No it hasn’t, you’ve listed it with a £900 starting price. As already mentioned, if you want to sell it put it on with a 99p start and no reserve. The market will then let you know how much it’s worth.

If you time the end of the auction well you might not do too badly.

Hora – New drivetrain after 1500 miles, are you serious?! You might not ride any of your bikes for more than that before selling them, but us mere mortals do 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

1500 miles is not high mileage.
    It is to a buyer – as a (picky) buyer I’d like to see a low-low price and/or new drivetrain.

1500 miles is not high mileage at all, it’s only a few months to a lot of people, and 3-4k of dry well looked after miles is waaay better than even 1000 wet, salty, graunchy miles.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Strip, sell frame, buy new frame in the correct size and put original bits back on???

Jamie
    Free Member

It is to a buyer.

You have to remember, Hora, you’re as unique as a diamond tipped snowflake. To us regular gutter dwellers, 1500 really isn’t high mileage.

johndoh
    Free Member

Strip, sell frame, buy new frame in the correct size and put original bits back on???

Makes sense – I once did that with a bike bought dirt cheap (almost unused), flogged the frame on and ended up with what was pretty much a brand new bike for more than 50% less than the equivalent new one.

hora
    Free Member

Jamie are you saying you are a bike-version of a fleet sales repcar criss-crossing the country? 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Go on then, OP. What did you get for it?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Why isn't my bike selling?’ is closed to new replies.