Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Why is this SUV not more popular?
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I suspect they wouldn’t pass half the tests that cars in Europe and the uk have to pass. Cars styling and shape is being more and more influenced by the crash and pedestrian safety regulations we have that the ROW don’t. Or the manufacturers don’t want to pay the price to have them tested and approved. They may look good but how are they built?

jimjam
    Free Member

wobbliscott

I suspect they wouldn’t pass half the tests that cars in Europe and the uk have to pass.

I though California had some of the toughest emissions tests in the world? I just assumed a lot of bigger heavier SUVs / 4x4s / trucks don’t get sold over here because their available engine choices, combined with the high fuel taxes make them nonviable or pushes them into the luxury end of the market in terms of fuel costs and vehicle tax.

dragon
    Free Member

People carriers in the UK has been a massively declining market, so not a surprise that you don’t see many Japanese models here. Also could they be competitive on price against the likes of the European brands and Ford, who seem to be the main players in the UK?

Oh and the reason most of the ‘cars’ pictured on this thread aren’t sold in the UK is the a mining and wouldn’t sell in any numbers I expect.

jimjam
    Free Member

dragon – Member

People carriers in the UK has been a massively declining market,

Are you sure about that? I think unless you’re are refering specifically to a very narrow definition of people carrier (Renault Espace/Toyota Estima etc) then I think it’s a growing sector. MPVs, compact people carriers and cross-overs are everywhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Why is this SUV not more popular?’ is closed to new replies.