Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why is the sitting position on my 29er frame somuch more comfortablethan my 26"?
  • cc17
    Free Member

I thought I’d set them up the same but they still feel different!!

ton

just because

edhornby

what’s the same and what’s different in the setup?

what ‘feels’ different? is it a more upright position? try measuring the main measurements like the distance between the tip of the saddle and the centre of the bars, or it could be the horizontal distance between the BB centre and the centre of the saddle, or it could be the vertical height from the level of the saddle to the level of the bars

gothandy

Are you the stereotypical lanky 29er rider?

I am and feel the big wheels fit me so much more.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Is it the correctly align valves and logos that make you feel so much better?

dickie
    Free Member

Rode my large Singular Swift (height 5’11”)for the first time Tuesday night & with the saddle set to my usual height & it felt very low, but I think it was the bar height giving that feeling – I felt behind the bike rather than on it even though I’ve a 0 degree stem, no spacers & low rise bars.
    Have now fitted a 6 degree stem invert which has dropped the bars 20mm so I’ll try again tomorrow.

clubber
    Free Member

I think it’s called new purchase syndrome 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

29ers sit you more ‘in’ the bike, rather than perched on top

Paceman
    Free Member

I think it’s called new purchase syndrome

😀

29ers sit you more ‘in’ the bike, rather than perched on top

Can you explain this??

Sounds like it just fits you better. I very much doubt all geometry measurements are the same.

TheSwede
    Free Member

It’s just the sinking feeling of knowing that you have bought into something that will never catch on 😉

br
    Free Member

You are sat more ‘in’ the bike, ie the axles are higher up and therefore the C-of-G is lower (on the bike, not physically).

clubber
    Free Member

You are sat more ‘in’ the bike, ie the axles are higher up and therefore the C-of-G is lower (on the bike, not physically).

That’s a brilliant statement of nothingness 🙂

cc17
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments. I am a little lanky so that might be it. Did set the two bikes up with the same measurements but it still felt different. I fear the ‘ I need a new bike’ idea is the most likely answer.

ta
    cc

Paceman
    Free Member

It’s just the sinking feeling of knowing that you have bought into something that will never catch on

😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Finally my son, you have become a man. Now a man’s bike is all that will do for you. Cast off the folly of youth and put the training wheel’d bikes behind you – leave them for the children and those of sub-standard stature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why is the sitting position on my 29er frame somuch more comfortablethan my 26"?’ is closed to new replies.