Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • why is poo poisonous?
  • IHN

A quick conversation the little lady and I were having just now; why is it, given that the digestive tract is one big tube rubbing from your mouth to your bumhole, that something produced in the middle and ejected out of one end is poisonous when ingested into the other?

binners

Concerning oneself with the weightier philosophical matters of the age, I see? 😉

Drac

It’s full of toxins that your body produces or disposes of. Same way that the air you breath out is toxic but not when it went in.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nemesis
    Free Member

No idea though it’s essentially one way so stuff that’s at one end may well not suit the other end that’s not designed for it.

devash
    Free Member

Bacteria in your gut doesn’t do so well in your stomach and can cause all sorts of nastyness.

nedrapier

It’s a process to remove a load of things from your body which are harmful or not useful.

It’s not going to be good for you to stuff it back in again at the top, is it?

Edit: as has been pointed out already.

Macavity
    Free Member
    IHN

Concerning oneself with the weightier philosophical matters of the age, I see?

See my recent FB pics; the cheeky beer we were having at the time may have been slightly stronger than anticipated…

jfletch
    Free Member

IANAD but…

I don’t think anything is removed from your body by the digestive system. It’s all about sucking the nutrients out of food and drink.

Poo is not good for you becuase of the bacteria from your gut and that it’s all the bits of food that are harmful left in a nice brown log. So to be more vulgar about it: your body took all the good bits and shit out all the nasty bits. It’s not going to be a good idea to stuff all the nasty bits back in at the top with some added bacteria.

Its the renal system that filters out the toxins yet drinking piss is perfectly harmless.

Drac

Its the renal system that filters out the toxins yet drinking piss is perfectly harmless.

Renal, Digestive, Lymphatic all play their part.

rene59
    Free Member

A bit of googling on the subject matter reveals that … someone needs to have a quiet word with Germany and Japan 😯

mudshark
    Free Member

your body took all the good bits

Quite a bit of good bits left but best left to the worms.

bearnecessities

why is poo poisonous

Dubno but turd I hear is easier to swallow.

globalti
    Free Member

My cycling buddy is a gastroenterologist and I must say that my admiration for the human digestive system has increased massively since I’ve been riding with him, it really is an amazing organ (or “collection of organs” as he corrects me).

One story he’s told me was the time he was well up a good lady’s bowel with his endoscope when he came across an oil slick, something he’d never seen in many years of butthole surfing. He checked her notes and saw that she was taking that American weight loss drug that prevents your body from absorbing fats. Very entertaining.

Jamie
    Free Member

A bit of googling on the subject matter reveals that … someone needs to have a quiet word with Germany and Japan

I’d never buy a used glass topped coffee table from them.

…or an oven from the Dutch.

He checked her notes and saw that she was taking that American weight loss drug that prevents your body from absorbing fats.

I guess that’s why they worn against anal leakage. As oil is just going to fall out of her sump.

dannybgoode

Interestingly though your body is somewhat immune to your own poo if it gets in to wounds etc.

If you rubbed someone else’s poo in to a cut you would get quite ill, rub your own in (and assuming it was fresh) and you will not.

The little bits of info you pick up when having the end of your small intestine sticking out of your stomach.

camo16
    Free Member

If you rubbed someone else’s poo in to a cut you would get quite ill, rub your own in (and assuming it was fresh) and you will not.

That’s the kind of insight you just don’t get on Retrobike. 😉

maccruiskeen

Its harmless in the sense that its reasonably sterile – but having done the work of filtering out all those toxins drinking your piss just means your kidneys have to do that all over again.

Your poops isn’t so sterile as lot of the work of digestion is done by bacteria – a good proportion (almost of third) of the volume of your poop is actually bacteria, not old food, we get on quite happily with it them living in the gut, where they belong, but we wouldn’t fair so well rubbing them in our eyes or in open wounds. Its also not just the left overs from digestion, our liver, for instance, empties waste products from its processes into the gut as well – the brown-ness of your poop is largely from the liver breaking down old blood cells, so pale poops can be a sign of anaemia, but the liver is also removing toxins from the blood also, and again putting those back into your system just means having to work to filter them out again.

Drac

Interestingly though your body is somewhat immune to your own poo if it gets in to wounds etc.

No it’s not having seen the consequences I can assure it isn’t.

dannybgoode

Hmmm, interesting Drac. The area around my ileostomy sometimes has broken skin and the area of flesh that it pokes through isn’t ‘sealed’ so to speak.

I do not get any infections etc caused by this and was told it was because your body is immune to its own faeces.

Why would there be no ill effects otherwise?

Sure if it was left to cake in and not be cleaned for days then things would get nasty but then there is more at play than just wound / faeces interfacing (hence my mentioning it needs to be fresh excrement).

Drac

Sure if it was left to cake in and not be cleaned for days then things would get nasty but then there is more at play than just wound / faeces interfacing (hence my mentioning it needs to be fresh excremen

Yup which is the same if it was someone else’s too, fresh and cleaned out wouldn’t cause any more issue than your own.

tinribz
    Free Member

Didn’t the Vietcong set poison traps with sharpened bamboo dipped accordingly.

Also to say the word ‘poop’ you have to emulate the process with your mouth.

muggomagic

Hoping dannybgoode isn’t a first aider. “Ahh we’re out of plasters, just rub some poo on it”.

nick1962
    Free Member

Two girls one cup didn’t seem to mind.

Drac

Didn’t the Vietcong set poison traps with sharpened bamboo dipped accordingly.

Yup they beat the American’s with a shitty stick.

muggomagic

Do not google “church of fudge”.

CountZero

nick1962 – Member
    Two girls one cup didn’t seem to mind.

I believe that whole thing was faked.

ton

sick……. 😯

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Also to say the word ‘poop’ you have to emulate the process with your mouth.

I like that.

Jamie
    Free Member

Whatever helps you sleep at night 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

Do not google “church of fudge”.

*googles “church of fudge”

MY EYES

Jamie
    Free Member

MY EYES

Quick! Rub poo in them!

DrP

Nah, it’s all a media con.

Not only is it non-toxic, it’s also surprisingly delicious.
    Tuck in…

DrP

jambourgie
    Free Member

Quick! Rub poo in them!

*rubs poo in eyes…

MY EYES

aracer
    Free Member

What about the human centipede then?

tonyg2003

Actually it’s sometimes beneficial – check out faecal transplants for Crohns disease.

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gwvc6VON2Y[/video]

neilwheel
    Free Member

Did you see the directors cut, the one with the happy ending?

Cougar

Chocolate ice cream.

tomhoward

Chocolate ass cream?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘why is poo poisonous?’ is closed to new replies.