Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • Why is no one showing any interest in my bike…?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Step 1 of selling a complete bike: Take lots of good photos from different angles, with a good camera.

You’re asking someone to shell out £1000 of their hard earned British pounds – invest a bit more time in your advert ffs.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’s a very odd looking thing.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

What a wondrous and rare thing. A thread where everyone is in pretty much in agreement with everyone else. Except the OP.

Northwind

Mostly Balanced – Member

What a wondrous and rare thing. A thread where everyone is in pretty much in agreement with everyone else. Except the OP.

Not rare at all, just look up every Molgrips car thread ever!

richmtb

Seriously OP

Split it and move on.

I’ve never understood why anyone tries to sell complete bikes on here

scaredypants

*scuttles off to wikipedia to create the “Molgrips car paradox” entry*

badbod99
    Free Member

Forks look weird. Bar ends are a personal thing, take them off. Get a matching seatpost. Too many spacers. Remove that big ring, looks stupid. Clean the tyres. Change the pedals for something that matches (massive flats on a ss?) or just take them off.

Or… sell the frame, forks and brakes and stick the rest in the bits box.

nuke

If all else fails, try eBay!

:edit: …eh, oh, you have 😐

Split it

D0NK

Whether it was or not it looks like a parts bin bike, very quirky limited appeal and if people don’t like it they won’t buy it, arguing with them won’t change that.

Unless the big ring is integral to the cranks (ala shimano circa ’98) spend two quid on some short chainring bolts and dump the big ring, will make your bike look better straight away. If you want to maximise your profitssssss you need to split it.

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve never understood why anyone tries to sell complete bikes on here

I think because they purchase bits on offer and then think in building it they are adding value and want to sell the complete bike on for more than they paid for it. Quoting RRPs to backup what a complete ‘bargin’ the bike is.

jaymoid

Chill Winston.

Spidey left the thread on page 1, I think he got the message.

clubber
    Free Member

Not rare at all, just look up every Molgrips car thread ever!

FTFY 🙂

Jase
    Free Member

Ad says “has a spec to die for”, not wrong there, I’ve come over all suicidal after looking at it!

gonzy
    Free Member

You asked why it’s not selling and people have told you. There’s no point arguing with them?

i did this very same thing a few years ago…bike then had cost me well over 2.5k and i put it up for sale for 750 and got no takers….eventually had to cut my osses and sold it for 425 on ebay…
    if you ask for advice, accept what people are saying about why it isnt selling…you know how much it cost you and i accept your are trying to recoup as much of that initial outlay as possible but you have also look at it from the buyers perspective of do i like that and if so how much would i be willing to buy it for…there seems to be a big discrepancy between yours and the potential buyers expectations..

amedias
    Free Member

I think he got the message.

I really don’t think he did… the message may have been repeated lots, but he clearly didn’t take any notice of it.

oldgit
    Free Member

I must ask my mate how much this one cost the other month, built by a human not the Mister Men.

Before the OP came along I had a saying…’you never see a bad Curtis’

Pieface

Listing RRP isn’t going to help either, it may make you look greedy as many people rarely pay anywhere near this, so may think you’re selling it at the price you paid.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

This has probably already been said, but:

Forks are wrong for a skinny steel frame.
    double crankset on a SS is just daft
    Tyres are dirty.
    Bar-ends. Really?

With the layback post, short forks, bar-ends and presumably narrow straight bars, it looks straight out of the ’90s, therefore it looks 20 years old even if it isn’t.

No good saying the spec is to die for if its not listed.
    Match the stem and seatpost colour for continuity and put some more photos up which maybe don’t highlight the shape of those forks.

Or, split it and sell the components separately, you’ll get more money in total.

Shaun20
    Free Member

…it’s getting plenty of interest now. Good luck with the sale!

tazzymtb

Have just shown the pics to a work colleague..his response invilved lots of laughter and expletives and was basically along the lines of “it looks the bastard offspring of Stephen hawking and peewee herman, following a heavy night on pcp”…I think it would be fair to say he is a roadie, but even so….split it for the love of the baby jesus or at least sell it with a complimentary paper bag for the head of the poor schmoo riding it to hide their shame

johnnystorm

This or a brand new Salsa El Mar? Hmm.

oldgit
    Free Member

I reckon you could sell the fork and chainset and with the proceeds buy a proper singlespeed chainset and something like a set of Exotic Carbon forks. The spec would be lowered, but it would be a better bike.
    That chainset might as well be a pantographed Eddy Merckx Campagnolo Super record chainset, lovely but who buys one for a singlespeed.

rickon
    Free Member

Spidey left the thread on page 1, I think he got the message.

Well, appears the message was:

“The reason why it didn’t sell is you need to leave it to age another 3 months, and sell it for another £150.”

Apart from everything everyone else has said, the only thing I have to add…

I tried selling my complete £4k carbon S-Works Enduro for £950 on here and got no interest.

I took it down and did something else with it.

BillOddie

Pass the eye bleach…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Before the OP came along I had a saying…’you never see a bad Curtis’

Mine looked beautiful in raw steel, just rode like a brick. 😥

20100822_2210 by NeilCain, on Flickr

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I tried selling my complete £4k carbon S-Works Enduro for £950 on here and got no interest.

What size?

What size?

Large

Not for sale now though – whacked some Vengeance forks on it, a new shock, stem and bars and it rides like a new bike, way better than it was before.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ha! Probably a good job I didn’t see it – I would have been tempted… 🙂

wwaswas

Now advertised as parts for even more money.

I’m sure that Frame was one of the crc chesp ones?

rickon
    Free Member

Holy cow!

Those prices would be steep if it was brand new in a sale from CRC.

£250 for a set of used K force cranks?!

I’d reckon £100, if and only if the rings are in good nic, I.e. the chains have had less than 1 stretch ratio.

£250 for XTR *race* brakes

More like £180

£500 for a used steel frame?

I am out.

T666DOM

And the used carbon forks for £190? The last pair of NEW full carbon rigid forks cost me £60 delivered.

gee
    Free Member

Nobody want to buy your used parts for double what they are worth.

GB

weeksy

Lads, its Christmas! Show some spirit.

therag
    Free Member

Can’t sell my bike either, afraid to ask for advice:)

superstu
    Free Member

Massively overpriced.
    As mentioned before liat it on eBay and you’d get a true value.

unovolo
    Free Member

Its been on eBay twice now at £1200 then relisted at £1300 with no takers.
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=111232581965

For me its a poor choice of components all put together on one bike so the end result is less than the sum of its components, plus he’s asking to much.

I’d say the OP has twin options either split it and put it all on eBay separately with no reserve and hope people bid well on each item or,
    Rebuild it with more better suited components and try again at a more realistic price.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As I said on page 2, mine was built with slightly inferior but much better suited parts and I got no interest at £500. Glad it didn’t as I decided to keep and its one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned…

Massively overpriced (still). Worth half of what he’s asking if he’s lucky…

chakaping
    Free Member

Haven’t read the whole thread, but did anyone mention that it might be a bit overpriced?

Just a thought…

Northwind

I love the approach of putting up the price every time it fails to sell. “Must have just put people off with the low price, they probably thought there must be something wrong with it…” I’ve had my Herb DH for sale for about 6 months now, I’m in no rush to sell so I’ve kept the price high-ish but reasonable-ish, someone’ll buy it… But if I’d followed this approach, it’d cost a million quid by now.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Why is no one showing any interest in my bike…?’ is closed to new replies.