Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Why is my iPhone now stalking me?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

It suddenly knows where I’m going and how long it’s going to take me to get there.

I keep trying to fool it by telling the wife I’m going somewhere else but by the time I’m in the car it knows the truth.

I can’t trust it to keep a secret now.

daftvader
    Free Member

Skynet is here!!! 😯

jacksprogis
    Free Member

Mine does that, Pretty sick.

Until it tells me to go to random rural addresses late at night… which it does a lot.

toppers3933
    Free Member

you can turn it off. its in privacy settings. if you have something to hide that is.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I was trying to work out how it knows. I reckon it might be when it connects to the car via bluetooth. Most times it tells me how long it will take to get home, other times it’s just a completely random place!

luket

You can turn it off

But what is “it” and how did it know yesterday that I wanted to go somewhere 200 miles away and the day before that I didn’t?

jon1973
    Free Member

Mine does that, Pretty sick.

Depending on how old you are, that means it’s either a really good thing or a really bad thing. 8)

doris5000

But what is “it” and how did it know yesterday that I wanted to go somewhere 200 miles away and the day before that I didn’t?

presumably in your calendar you had something marked ‘meeting in Scunthorpe 9AM’ or somesuch, and it was able to work it out from that…

footflaps

Being doing it for a while, before iOS 9…..

GrahamS

It got cleverer with ios9 though as it now uses “Google Now” style tricks like looking for regular patterns of behaviour and reading your emails as well as your calendar.

STATO
    Free Member

Loads of people will be saying this is an invasive and dangerous thing, but a criminal capable of using that info to proliferate a crime will be going after much bigger fish than me. I think its great, pointless for me (doesnt do cycling times) but great.

footflaps

In Apple’s case it all happens on the phone, so private. Android / Google do it in their cloud, so less private.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The only reason I turned it off was because someone suggested that it would help save battery life if you’re away from a charger for an extended period. Which it did make a difference but not massive. It’s stayed off ever since.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Why is my iPhone now stalking me?’ is closed to new replies.