Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Why is Moyles still on the radio?
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

If I had DAB in the car then Talk Sport or Radio 5 live would be my stations of choice, I am fed up of shouting at the radio when Jeremy Vine is on or that patronizing condescending Steve Wright..glad when Mark Ratcliffe and Lisa Tarbuck stand in for him.

monkeychild
    Free Member

What grips my pooh pooh is all the blabbering on about ****tter! Who cares? Each daytime Radio One has pretty much become a clone. the shows are quite dire eg Dev on the early show (boring?) Moyles (talentless goit), Cotton(Dull as dishwater),Cox(is a massive one) I have to admit Scott Mills does make me chuckle a lot. Bring back Mark and Lard biggedy, biggedy bong!!!!!!!

Conor
    Free Member

I like him. A lot. But unlike you lot, I'm under 30.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

TalkSport?! Sorry, I just can't get angry over an offside decision at 6:50am, but that's just me 😀

Agree about Sarah Cox…and Steve Wright, especially that one who pretends to be really thick. "Love the show Steve!" oh please **** off

Actually, I could probably just about tolerate the Chris Moyles show if it had everyone on it except Chris Moyles. He brings them all down to his level unfortunately.

mybike
    Free Member

Nihal ??
    Dev ?
    Vernon Kay ?

I'd rather listen to Moyles
    (Agree not a patch on Mark & Lard, still listen to Fat Harry White now & again)

Aristotle
    Free Member

as a 32yo man of the world:

Radio 1 is rubbish

Radio 2:
    Radcliffe & Maconie, Jonathan Ross and Trevor Nelson are good.
    Chris Evans is so-so
    Most other stuff is for old people(The Organist Entertains who exactly???) or just 20 years out of date like Steve Wright.

6Music:
    Mark Riley
    Cerys Matthews
    Adam & Joe
    Shaun Keaveny
    Craig Charles
    Huey
    Stephen Merchant
    etc. etc. all very good.

Steve Lamacq may be enthusiastic, but I've never been keen.

George Lamb is worse than Moyles.

– A Pure Highway DAB car radio was a good investment, apart from when George Lamb is on.

Radio 4 makes me proud to be British.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

What's your favourite Chris Moyles thing then Conor?

Kuco

Always switch station when Jeremy Vine comes on. It makes me laugh how Steve wright kisses up to his guest always thought Tim Smith and Janey Lee Grace would do better with out him.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My point is that the R1 breakfast show deserves far better than average.

While I understand where you're coming from, I think you may be missing the point by suggesting it, in a sense. If you think that the R1 breakfast show should be some sort of moral/comedic leader for society that everyone tunes into to be enlighten, then fine but I think that's not the purpose of R1. But those options ARE available elsewhere (apparently, I confess to being a bit of a one-station moron!) and most people choose Moyles. R1 is for "popular" entertainment (pop music) and light hearted chat, it's not pushing the news or pushing an agenda, it's (IMO) specifically designed to be utterly average to maintain a broad audience.

To be honest, when I moved to Glasgow I tried listening to the other local stations and nearly died of football related boredom and found nothing better. I used to like Rock FM when I was back in Wigan, but it rapidly became "dance music under the name rock FM" and the DJs went from fairly entertaining and intelligent to moronic big-brother-addicted rubbish. R1 is the least offensive out there. I dont want a radio show to make me angry before work, I dont want one to pose great moral questions for me to get enveloped in while I should be working. I just want a bit of music and some random banter. R1 is just a name, a brand, not a position or a target to aim for.

Raindog
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes – Member

anyone listen to george lamb?

Yes, me for one. Excellent radio, only problem is that this week the show has been followed by Richard Bacon, filling in for the excellent Cerys Matthews.

Those of you complaining about Moyles should give Richard Bacon a try – you'd soon realise how bad things can really get !

tankslapper
    Free Member

Conor – Member

Oooh! Get You!

Back in the DAY I struggled with The Ginger Whinger but frankly Moyles is the worst ever! He's a total boring tool. Have to say I actually like Chris Evans now – and he's about to take over Wogan's spot which is fine by me.

Kuco

My local radio has Jagger and Woody, just think of a real budget shit version of Mark & Lard.

emac65
    Free Member

I like him. A lot. But unlike you lot, I'm under 30

Ahh that explains it then,you've never heard a decent dj so have nothing to compare him to & you know **** all about music because you missed the boat there too….

Kids 'eh 8)

coffeeking
    Free Member

I quite liked Cox a few years ago, but these days I'm not so keen. But I suppose I have a similar sense of humour and background due to northern roots, so thats a possible contributor.

Dancake
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes – Member
    anyone listen to george lamb?

+1 for Lamb, but it took m a while to get it (VERY annoying at first but you start to get it

Moyles just annoying. who does bloody parody songs these days? AND THAT SONG AT THE START OF EVERY SHOW!!

Adam and Joe are ace

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am 32 and when I was under 30 I couldn't stand the fat tool 😆 He just isn't funny, I mean burping into the mic?? WTF is that about? I was gutted when Russell Brands show got canned, as his podcast used to have me in tears.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I'd forgotten to mention that Liza Tarbuck is great too when she does R2.

Emma Forbes on R2 is also surprisingly good (wasn't that great on Live & Kicking back in the day), although Alan Carr is annoying.

George Lamb is intelligent and quick, but too irritating and is there less music on his show or does it just feel that way?

clubber
    Free Member

Well at least I learnt something new today. Apparently I'm a chav 🙄

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Clubber you're a strange one, you liked Sarah Cox but hated M&L? Why they almost made me want to be a Northern 😛

No I wouldn't want a moral crusade first thing in the morning either, just someone funnier and more original than average. It is the biggest yout station after all.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Feel a bit better after ranting. At least some of you have convinced I'm not going mad here.

Still waiting for someone to tell me their favourite aspect of the moyles show…..enlighten me please

coffeeking
    Free Member

It is the biggest yout station after all.

But it's big because it's considered good. IF it wasn't "good" it wouldn't be big. It's aimed at the masses, it attracts the masses. You want funnier and more original, find another station?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Apparently I'm a chav

We could all see that anyway, it's taken you so long to catch up 😉

Conor
    Free Member

ooOOoo – Member

What's your favourite Chris Moyles thing then Conor?

The fact that he annoys and irritates people that don't get him 🙂

And I don't listen to R1 for the music. Nobody does. R&B shite.

Aristotle
    Free Member

If you're over 25 what are you listening to R1 for anyway?
    You don't need to listen to R2.

6Music via DAB, Freeview or WWW is far, far superior

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Christopher Moyles is an absolute douche. He's milked the public for years on zero talent. Hes about as funny as a dogs egg in the face on the way to work.

It's his sheer arrogance and 'saviour' tag. Oh and his karaoke patter and gang are not funny. I loathe the vile fat munchkin. He is just so rude. And whilst we are at it, get rid of Steve Wright and his 'factoids'. Absolute sh1t.

As stated on here. Come back Russel Brand!

Thats my tuppence worth!

clubber
    Free Member

When did I say I liked sara cox? 😯

chav 😉

Aristotle
    Free Member

Steve Wright seemed good when I was 12 in 1989… Now just embarrassing.

give Liza Tarbuck the gig.

ps. Russell Brand = Emperor's New Clothes
    Keep him off the air waves.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Good for you Conor. Perhaps you'd be interested in one of these?

APPLE UNVEILS MOYLES-POD

APPLE has unveiled a new 4GB MP3 player which will be dominated by the voice of disc jockey Chris Moyles laughing at his own flatulence.

It can also show Moyles chumming about with a series of showbiz ****. The company said the new 'moylesPod' will feature the DJ talking over the first 20 seconds of all your favourite songs while cracking jokes about homosexuals, immigrants and people with talent.

An Apple spokesman said: "The challenge of distilling Moyles' delusional ego down to 4GB was incredible. Squeezing 30 stone of ill-founded arrogance into a player the size of a battery is the equivalent of stuffing 62 Robbie Williams into a matchbox."

The device will retail at £99.99 and has already been described by Stuff magazine as a 'hellish combination of micro-technology and tiresome gittishness'.

New voices will be available by download, including the cast of Skins and Achmed, the terrorist skeleton puppet. Teenager Charlie Reeves, from Wimbledon, said: "I can't wait to hear him say 'And now it's The Fear by Lily Allen – I keel you!' He is perhaps the only genius working in Britain today."

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I apologise Clubber 😆

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Aristotle

You may well be right about Tarbuck. I still stand by Brand though.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Oh and I quite enjoyed Richard Bacon standing in for Vine a few weeks back.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well at least I learnt something new today. Apparently I'm a chav

You only learnt that today? 😉

Radio Bristol in the mornings and R4 any other time for me, got bored of Chris Evans on R2.

westkipper
    Free Member

Chris Moyles( indeed, the whole of Radio 1's output )is part of a government programme to make deaf and hearing- impaired people feel more positive about their disability.

will
    Free Member

It's not all that bad! think alot of STW people would be good on Grumpy Old Men…

Just don't listen if you don't like it

bruk

I was soooo disappointed when the fat repulsive, over-opionated, egotesticle failed to collapse from altitude sickness when climbing Kilimanjaro.

The only reason he hasn't been replaced is that the rest of the Nu talent eg Fearne Cotton lack any originality.

will
    Free Member

Lets be honest, you don't have to be amazing to be on the radio, just good at talking. So really, they do a good job…

timraven

FWIW Russel Brand is Sh%te on the radio, Richard Bacon worse! as is Moyles and anyone else who talks at all, about anything except music, on a music station obviously.

DAB is the way forward.

Very disappointed in 6music becoming more about talking rubbish than music!

I f***'ing detest the self congratulating, big mouthed, fat gobshite. Never wrong, shouts over people, calls other fatties fat, thinks everyone famous or not loves him and on the odd occassion he realises they don't, just slags them off. Oh, and he's about as funny a a kick in the stones.

Kuco – Member
    The one that baffles me is Sarah Kennedy how the hell is she still on the radio

Bizarre to say the least; she is awful and can hardly string a sentence together sometimes, especially when reading from the newspapers. Other than that, the whole show seems based around her world travels, her illnesses, her cats, or religion.

The bellend before her is no better. His pathetic attempts at being wacky are embarrasing. This is a middle aged bloke sounding like he's trying to be 15. If a radio show wore clothes, this one would get up in a morning and pull on Homer Simpson boxer shorts and socks. It's a mid-life crisis of a radio show.

Radio 2 gets my attention for the music early doors, but Wogan's banter is worth a listen.

hitman
    Free Member

Chris Moyles is a nasty bully. Read about when he was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks some years back(I think anyway?) and he tried to go head to head with a professional comedian and was embarassed by them to the point where he was lost for words.
    Was going to recount another tale about him but I've spent long enough on him………..don't really want to have to think about what a horrible public persona he displays and appears to revel in.

Kuco

I like Wogan and probably the odd one out here but I also like Ken Bruce.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Why is Moyles still on the radio?’ is closed to new replies.