Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Why is it when you think your doing well, when somebody goes past you like ?
  • flockofffish
    Free Member

your standing still ?
    Old Flock

emanuel
    Free Member

cos he just started off.or he’s only doing half an hour.or god just prefers us humble.

Kevevs
    Free Member

no nevermind

bullheart
    Free Member

That always happens to me. I wait until I see them in the car park, then run them over.

oldgit
    Free Member

emanuel + 1.

Tricky, personally I never ‘try’ to overtake as you never know what the ‘overtakee’ has been doing. Though in some cases it’s just obvious that you are a stronger rider.
    But it’s deffo poor show to be seen to be working at overtaking.
    I.e at the end of one of my rare MTB rides. Three hours plus in, training pace, out of water and head to toe in mud a glistening clean fellow biker with not a trace of wet or mud on him, tore past us…head down with SSMM number still attached.
    The irony is that the three of us had just solo’ed that.

mudshark
    Free Member

Just means it’s time for more EPO

donsimon
    Free Member

I ride at a speed.
    You ride at a speed.
    If my speed is greater than yours I’m going to pass you, if not, you’re going to pass me.
    No big deal.
    It’s all riding and if it makes them happy…
    … I also believe the use of think in the title might be the root of your particular problem.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because I’ve got big fat tyres, and he’s got skinny little ones.

But I don’t care because my bike’s covered in mud, and he’s wearing lycra on his shiny clean bike.

oldgit
    Free Member

ds, I fink too hard!

AdamW
    Free Member

Its because I’m single speed and he’s got a gazillion gears, innit?

bullheart +1

verticalclimber
    Free Member

no excuses ride faster

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just opened this to find out wtf the thread title meant.

Fleck off to the bike forum with this kind of talk the lot of you. 🙂

epicyclo

They have to be incredibly talented to get past me.

My riding is so erratic and my bike is so fat that I use the whole of the singletrack. 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

bloke came past me the other doing like a million miles an hour…

wow i thought, so cooooool LOL

Rorschach
    Free Member

I ride at the speed of light and nothing can travel faster than that so I NEVER get over taken 8)
    Before you ask I run 27897453×16 on the ss.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Going down Walna scar about 18 months ago I overtook a couple of motorbikes. Made me feel like Steve peat . Well, a little bit 😳

RealMan
    Free Member

no excuses ride faster

+1

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

flockoffish. If your average isn’t >20 mph, you deserve to be passed, you may even deserve to be chicked.

njee20
    Free Member

Don Simon +1

nedrapier

Tricky, personally I never ‘try’ to overtake as you never know what the ‘overtakee’ has been doing. Though in some cases it’s just obvious that you are a stronger rider.
    But it’s deffo poor show to be seen to be working at overtaking.
    I.e at the end of one of my rare MTB rides. Three hours plus in, training pace, out of water and head to toe in mud a glistening clean fellow biker with not a trace of wet or mud on him, tore past us…head down with SSMM number still attached.
    The irony is that the three of us had just solo’ed that.

agree, I always try to suss someone out a wee bit before I go past. commuting especially. not bothered about mtbing. fast is fun, faster is funner.

Who’s to say that guy who passed you isn’t just jazzed on getting his thrash on early into a ride? Why would he settle into a “3 hours into recovery ride after a long solo race” pace, when he’s done neither?

That said, you were there, I wasn’t!

Sawyer
    Free Member

I never understand why people get so annoyed on here about getting overtaken on the road. If I’m trying to get to work and I’m going faster than someone else, I’ll go past them. And vice versa.

Having said that, the other day I went past a guy on an old steel roadie wearing jeans. About half a mile later I realised he’d latched on to my rear wheel without me noticing. Was quite impressed.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I ride at the speed of light and nothing can travel faster than that so I NEVER get over taken
    Before you ask I run 27897453×16 on the ss.

Well, i ride at the speed of them new neutrinos, so you you better get outta my way or end up with tyre marks up your back.

iDave
    Free Member

“Why is it when you think your doing well, when somebody goes past you like you’re standing still?”

Because life is like that. There is always someone fitter, stronger, richer, better looking, younger, happier, taller, more popular.

Mleh

nedrapier

There is always someone fitter, stronger, richer, better looking, younger, happier, taller, more popular.

Yup!

“Good luck to ’em” or “**** ’em” whatever makes you happier, but don’t get too het up about it.

tazzymtb

that’s just life, somedays you’re the pigeon, somedays the statue

Rorschach
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member
    There is always someone fitter, stronger, richer, better looking, younger, happier, taller, more popular.

And that person is me…..only without the happier bit cos I is a miserable bugger.

edenshawbay
    Free Member

No one likes being scalped [being passed by another cyclist when your trying]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have done a couple of 24 hr races solo – each time I have been lapped before I finished my first lap.

At the strathpuffer Jojo lapped me while I was on my second lap – a veteran woman FFS ( mind you she is younger, better looking and obviously much faster than me)

another time I had spent 2 days getting to the top of a 10 000 ft mountain the easy way, bivvying halfway up. I was sitting on the top feeling very proud when a couple appeared at the top having climbed it the hard way – several thousand feet of multipitch hard rock

Sometimes you just have to accept your place in the world. In my case its old and slow 🙂 However – in some things first to finish does not win

iDave
    Free Member

I am training hard to be utterly and ceremoniously slaughtered at a pro roadie training camp in Jan, all in the faint hope of being mildly less slaughtered than other sponsors. I think being pissed over is part of life’s rich tapestry.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Talent….and what is talent?

“… IS IT THE FACT THAT YOUR HEART PUMPS MORE VOLUME THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON’S, OR THAT YOUR BLOOD TURNS LESS ACIDIC WHEN EXERCISING SO THAT YOU RECOVER FASTER?
    NO—TALENT HAS TO DO WITH YOUR CAPACITY FOR SUFFERING…. YOU JUST LEARN TO SUFFER MORE.

EDDY MERCKX

Northwind

The two aren’t incompatible… I can be going really well, and be passed by someone better. I can be going badly and pass someone slower. All relative.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Why is it when you think your doing well, when somebody goes past you like ?’ is closed to new replies.