Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Why is it so warm
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining but it seems odd to be sitting in my breakfast room with the french doors open, most of the windows on the ground floor open to get a breeze through, in a pair of shorts and a tee and still feeling too warm. A couple of Halloweens ago I remember it being so cold the kids were in ski jackets trick or treating.

What a nice day.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s what you get for living near the jetstream.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well its not Friday yet so things could change rapidly by then. Was very warm this morning though in west of scotland, don’t think I’ve ever commuted this time of year without gloves on.

sandwicheater

You’ve got bad wind and are single handedly warming your house with your arse.

edhornby

gulfstream; there is a big area of low pressure in the middle of the north atlantic pulling hot air from the azores, over north africa/spain,

I commuted in shorts, baselayer and SS jersey, I’m debating not bothering with the base this evening ! I live in manchester… bonkers weather indeed

Klunk
    Free Member

just had a lovely ride in the wind 18 degrees in the garden… it’s been very warm over the last 12 months

rocketman
    Free Member

Pfft I think it’s freezing

Was in Lanzarote last week it was solid low 30s at the start of the week and then Wednesday some warm air off the Sahara rolled in. Thursday/Friday low 40s in the afternoon no messing. But it was a dry heat

molto scorchio as they say

footflaps

We’re on for a record warm winter as the Climate Scientists have just predicted the exact opposite.

I’m planning on planting some palm trees in the garden next WE…

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/global-warming-will-make-our-winters-colder-9819825.html

jekkyl

breakfast room?!? do you mean the dining room or do you have a room for eating every single meal in. What happens if your wife starts eating breakfas in the lunch room? anarchy? the collapse of society?

😐

Northwind

I went out for a run on my lunch and I was sweating my baws off- warm and humid, grim. Bring on a bit of chilly wind

pete68
    Free Member

Getting in another camping trip to make the most of it. Off tomorrow for the rest of the week.

zippykona

Today was absolutely beautiful. The tracks were bone dry.
    Had to dig all my summer gear out again.

Drac

Yup toasty in Newcastle this afternoon when I was heading home.

Cougar

I thought “toasty” in Newcastle was when the temperature was in positive figures?

iainc

Pissing down and blowing a gale in Glasgow, and it has been since Sat ! 14 degrees tho 😀

CountZero

It was cool up on West Kennet Longbarrow yesterday, glad of my Windshirt with a lightweight fleece underneath.
    Mainly because it’s always windy up there!

Drac

I thought “toasty” in Newcastle was when the temperature was in positive figures?

Ok. Positively tropical.

iamtheresurrection

57 MPG average. Bloody hell… I didn’t think anybody actually got those figures. 🙂

thepurist

Has nobody said “Global Warming”?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Jekkyl – Yes indeed breakfast only, have lunch at the bar and dinner in the dining room – Don’t tell me you eat all your meals in the same room, I expect you eat chocolate bars with your hands too?

Anyway this is weird I was in London this morning I’m in Carlisle now and it’s warmer here FFS, the end is nigh I tell thee.

Also is there a decent pub + food here near the station?

Drac

57 MPG average. Bloody hell… I didn’t think anybody actually got those figures.

I know I was gutted too but I did hit a bit traffic before Gosforth so that pushed it down to 57.

iamtheresurrection

I can only imagine it dropped further past 50 by the time you were clear of the traffic at the Regent Centre roundabout then…

wilburt
    Free Member

Don’t think we had Halloween as kids but Bonfire night was reliably **** freezin and like the OP In 2014 I’m in shorts.

wool

Quarter lounge is good in Carlisle across the road from the Sony center nice burgers

granny_ring

Yep been lovely in the sarf east.
    I do remember 2 or 3 years ago we had a really warm week in October as well, in the 20s it was.

1) it’s not January/February, so anything can happen

2) weather innit – why are people perpetually surprised?

3) breakfast room – wtf?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Cheers wool Ill try it

Drac

I can only imagine it dropped further past 50 by the time you were clear of the traffic at the Regent Centre roundabout then…

I was heading to Newburn down the A1.

I do remember 2 or 3 years ago we had a really warm week in October as well, in the 20s it was.

We had snow 2 and 3 years ago. Loads of it 3 years ago.

Don’t think we had Halloween as kids but Bonfire night was reliably **** freezin and like the OP In 2014 I’m in shorts.

We had both and can remember them being cold, wet and yes even warm.

Klunk
    Free Member

even nicer today less wind wall to wall blue sky…. waiting on a delivery 👿 some mudguards ! doh!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Shooting yesterday and was wearing a shirt and waistcoat while the other guns were boiling in their coats [they needed big pockets for cartridges].
    Very smug!

Got a big, new to me, mower being delivered later today for a trial – seeing as it’s dry and warm I’ll be cutting the grass later 🙂

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Very dull and overcast here in Darwen but it’s 17 degrees and it can stay this way all the way through till spring for me. Can’t stand the cold.

Klunk
    Free Member

this is just bloody silly now 3 hrs on the bike in my lightest summer jersey I’m absolutely dripping in sweat, a barmey 23 in the garden cocktail and barby weather 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    2) weather innit – why are people perpetually surprised?

Cause it’s November tomorrow and it’s 17C in glasgow this afternoon! 😯

kimbers

Heart fm?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Cause it’s November tomorrow and it’s 17C in glasgow this afternoon!

Yep commute home in short sleeve jersey and arm warmers, no gloves. Bizarre. This morning was balmy to say the least.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

kids but Bonfire night was reliably **** freezin

I remember the same but I wonder if it actually was, if you could see the data.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Didn’t ride 5th November 2012 but rode on the evening of the 4th around 6-7pm, temps were Avg Temperature: 3.3°C, Min Temperature: 2.0°C, Max Temperature: 7.0°C. Max was probably when I switched the garmin on in the garage. It was warmer the next ride on the 6th with an average of 7.0°C

Two rides on 4th November 2013, again didn’t ride on the 5th, temps for the morning ride were Avg Temperature:1.6°C, Min Temperature:0.0°C, Max Temperature:7.0°C and the evening avg 3.4°C, min 0.0°C, max 7.0°C.

31st October 2013 was average of 7.0°C 7am-8:15.

This is around the Glasgow/Ayrshire area.

So its highly likely 5th November was pretty chilly 2012 & 2013, and likely to be the same this year.

So there you go 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Out for a 2 hr ride today in shorts and a short sleeve jersey.. wtf

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CO2 levels down again?

Sorry, wrong way round…

scruff
    Free Member

We were riding with shorts & long sleeves rolled up and still sweating last night then sitting in the beer garden until about 10.30.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Why is it so warm’ is closed to new replies.