Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Why is it so difficult to decide on a new bike!?
  • tubthumped
    Free Member

After having my 5 stolen recently I started looking at new bikes at the 4-5k mark.

Fortunately i got to test a few bikes at a Demo day recently and then rode a few other bikes in the following week around the same trail.
    In summary (skipping a few bikes):

Niner WFO – Loved it. Just needed a saddle change and the tubes taking out. Awesome everywhere and was consistently the fastest everywhere but uphill (rear tyre change…?)

Rocky Mountain Altitude 750 MSL – Loved it. But it would need new tyres, better brake setup and the Fox fork just doesn’t compare to the Pike so would be tempted to change. Climbed very well though, and was only fractionally slower on the techy stuff than the WFO

Orange Five RS 650b – like an old girlfriend, clicked with it but felt old and used compared to the new stuff out.

After the test day I was certain I had a clear winner, the Niner WFO.
    But having waited 2 weeks for the insurance company to pay out, I’ve started to questions myself. Should I get the RM… should I stick with the Niner… I just don’t know now, and it’s annoying the life outta me!

Maybe i should just toss a coin….

Or just buy a much cheaper bike and use the spare money to go somewhere sunny with it! lol

chilled76
    Free Member

Toss a coin. if you find yourself saying best out of three then you already know which you want.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Or just buy a much cheaper bike and use the spare money to go somewhere sunny with it! lol

This. Why wouldn’t you?

grum
    Free Member

This. Why wouldn’t you?

+1

tubthumped
    Free Member

Well, it opens a whole new can of worms! What bike for 2-3k!?!?

theflatboy
    Free Member
    tubthumped
    Free Member

Man… It just got deep!! lol

philfive
    Free Member

get the altitude but spec it with bits you want.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Well, it opens a whole new can of worms! What bike for 2-3k!?!?

Is the obvious answer not a Codeine then…? 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

Could both be available 2nd hand? Or do you have to buy new (insurance payout)? If so get both, swap the bits you like, flog the least desirable and piss off riding 🙂

BTW once you’ve got used to either after a while it won’t matter at all.

Until you get the new bike itch…

tubthumped
    Free Member

Rob, I’ve had confirmation that I’ll be getting a bank transfer, so 2nd hand is an option. Although neither bike come up for sale as they’re both very new.

As you say, once I’m used to either it won’t matter in the slightest for a couple of years. At the end of the day, I’m the limiting factor in any bikes performance!

tubthumped
    Free Member

Hmmmmm……

Cube Stereo HPC 160 and enough change to take the car, motorbike and mountain bike to the nurburgring and surrounding forests……..

philfive
    Free Member

YT Wicker Pro 650b?

great bike, brill Spec, £2500

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Why is it so difficult to decide on a new bike!?’ is closed to new replies.