Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • why is it quick jobs are the ones that go wrong and take ages
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Just gone to change the chain ring on my new bike and who ever fitted it must have glued it , couldn’t undo it so got the correct tool, stuck, heated with soldering iron, stuck , hit with hammer 😉 stuck. In the end drilled them out , broke a drill bit and scratched my frame, then needed new ss chainring bolts . Now fitted but too late to ride. Bugger

joat

Like punctuation and spelling?

joat

?

br
    Free Member

no such thing as a 10 minute job

firestarter
    Free Member

Well I’m on my phone and peed off . You however are a bulbend 😉

joat

😥

firestarter
    Free Member

Aw only messing joat 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

I had the same problem with brand new shimano cranks. One granny ring bolt stuck and rounded off due to being seemingly made of cheese (yes i was using the correct size bit). Had to saw off the bolt head and file down to stop it catching. Utter shit!

joat

Well your edit was quicker than my post firestarter, so at least that quick job went well.

firestarter
    Free Member

Well that’s one thing today 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

why is it quick jobs are the ones that go wrong and take ages

Long jobs already take ages.

Only the quick ones can go wrong and take ages 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

You are indeed correct 😉

coatesy
    Free Member

Potential to go wrong also increases when the owner’s watching the work being performed 🙂

Ambrose

Anything requiring a password. I have a memory like…

mattjg
    Free Member

why is it quick jobs are the ones that go wrong and take ages

because in my case I rush them, or I don’t allow a long enough time slot then get in a flap

landofgiants
    Free Member

Why is it quick jobs are the ones that go wrong and take ages

I have a real problem with this, so much so that I’d sooner do repairs after getting home after a damaging ride. Rather that than face the inevitable hatred of inanimate objects, swearing and drop kicking before my next ride!

busydog
    Free Member

Did you ever notice that no how many tools you have at hand, the job will always require one you don’t have? Of course if you go out and buy the tool, you will never need it again in your lifetime.

mattjg
    Free Member

Of course if you go out and buy the tool, you will never need it again in your lifetime.

Edit: XXXXXXXXXXXX

(cancel that, cba getting into a pro/con debate re LBS or DIY)

busydog
    Free Member

Still cheaper than taking it to the LBS, if you factor in faffage getting there and back especially.

Very true–unless you buy the tool, mess up the job and then have to take it to the LBS (speaking from experience).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘why is it quick jobs are the ones that go wrong and take ages’ is closed to new replies.