Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • why is it never easy? new bike issue.
  • pnik

I’ve had my new bike for a few weeks. 3 outings in total, I’ve just been out to the garage to sort out a different bike and needed to move it. Anyway squeezed the front brake (hope m4) don’t know why. it went to the bite point paused and then carried on. Bit of fluid has come out at the lever at the junction onto the hose and it seems into the hose below the see through casing of the braided doodah. Now I’m sure hope/orange/sunset will give me excellent after sales support, but why do I need it. Is it just me or is nothing ever simple.

I was so happy with it. Now I can’t ride it until I’ve gone through a load of f@#king about. However it pans out weather I fix it or warrenty does.

Argh. Don’t need to say anything needed to vent really. By the way it was awesome.

sobriety
    Free Member

On the bright side, at least it was in the garage, as opposed to at the bottom of the road/running into a tight turn with a big drop on the the side…

pnik

That is a bright side I had not considered. Thankyou.

righog
    Free Member

No It’s never easy.

Had a similar problem, but I minced about for a year before getting it sorted properly by Hope. The Bike shop shortened the hoses and used the wrong Olive. I just kept on bleeding the brake before every ride and it would usually work OK until it failed going down hill. I just wanted to ride not sort stuff out.

Anyhow ended up sending it back to Hope ( who identified the problem in about 5 minutes) and got a full service done on it a the same time £40.

I am sure Sunset will sort it out for you ( I am sure the shop i bought mine from would have, sorted mine if I had let them know) but here is where to send the brake to if you want Hope to sort it. ( they are quick.

http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG6

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPEReturnsForm.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘why is it never easy? new bike issue.’ is closed to new replies.