Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Why is it always 3 days before a race/event/trip away I need new tyres…!!!
  • DrP

Arhhhh
    SSUK at the weekend….slashed my rear tyre last night….

Last year before a Wales trip – new rear tyre needed 24hrs before driving up…

2 years ago before the Asthma UK B2B – slashed rear tyre on the road bike 2 days before….

Baaaaad luck DrP!

DrP

kimbers

If only there was a company based around the concept of getting you tyres by the next day……

They’d probably call themselves something like nextdaytyres.co.uk I imagine

MoreCashThanDash

tbf, the OPs needs could be met by newtyresinacoupleofdays.com.

I’m sensing a gap in the market……

rendo
    Free Member

I’m surprised you wouldn’t have already considered putting new tyres on for an event. particularly a singlespeed event.
    Do you carry a spare tyre with you on events like this.

DrP

I cans ee a company called not-the-tyres-i-want-next-day.co.uk … 😉

DrP

qwerty
    Free Member

Why did you slash your tyre? Have you considered anger management? I’d go see a doctor if I was you.

tazzymtb

29 or ikkle wheels? Keef has a tyre mountain of nice stuff so give a facebooky shout on the ssuk page and im sure we can have something rubbery waiting for you for a small cash donation

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    If only there was a company based around the concept of getting you tyres by the next day……

They’d probably call themselves something like nextdaytyres.co.uk A BIKE SHOP I imagine
    FIFY

Though I’d suggest getting 2 pairs or a new pair a week brfore any event

DrP

Taz – 29er…

Geax Saguarorororos TNTs have been ordered from eightdaytyres.co.uk..I’ll see if they arrive in time, or else I’ll post on the facebob witha plea for help!!

Cheers

I’m surprised you wouldn’t have already considered putting new tyres on for an event. particularly a singlespeed event.Do you carry a spare tyre with you on events like this.

Evidently not..!

Though I’d suggest getting 2 pairs or a new pair a week before any event

I like to live dangerously…I haven’t washed my hands after patient contact for 6 years so far……

DrP

wwaswas

those sugragagoogogo Geax tyres are good all rounders, aren’t they. They’ve lasted you well too.

someone made a good choice picking them out of the bargain bin at on-one 😉

I’ve got some on my 26″ singlespeed now.

stevied
    Free Member

im sure we can have something rubbery waiting for you for a small cash donation

Oo-er 😆

DrP

wwaswas – I do like them – good racey tyre too..
    Wish I’d picked up some from one-one when they had them for £15..!

DrP

dknwhy

I think that there’s an obvious underlying problem here that’s been missed by everyone – you’re doing way too many events – 3 in 3 years!
    You’re riding your bike far too much to be on STW.

m360
    Free Member

Maybe get a few pairs, you know, so you always have spares?

Or perhaps it’s a subconscious effort to sabotage yourself before the event, adding extra pressure which you later thrive on, or maybe you need an excuse not to race? Who knows, but it’s easy to have spares…

stumpy01

DrP – Member
    Baaaaad luck DrP!

Or, to put a positive spin on it….good luck DrP, that it didn’t happen during the event and you are able to sort it out in time! 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Your title is misleading… None of them appear to be three days but more or less?

qwerty
    Free Member

I have a 6 ride old Conti RC BC RS 2.2″ 29″ that needs a home or willing to loan for SSUK. Email in profile before Friday, i’ll arrive late Friday.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Why is it always 3 days before a race/event/trip away I need new tyres…!!!’ is closed to new replies.