Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • why is garmin edge showing wrong distance in courses menu?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

load the hayfield-jacobs ladder tcx in bikeroute toaster and bikehike and both showing 34.+km , however when I upload it to the edge unit it is showing different ? 😐

scotroutes

Have a look at the course on the Edge(try uploading it back to your PC). You’ll likely find that it has rerouted according to how you’ve set it up.

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

I believe the values show on the Garmin are the distance and direction to the start of the course from your current location.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

thanks scotroutes, will have a look at that, I am still learning how to operate this thingy… rerouted you mean that it calculated 2 loops?

I upload the tcx files manually to SD, garmin software doesn’t work for some reason and ridewithgps uploading also not working 🙁

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@neil is that what those values mean 😮 .. will check … i look silly now creating this thread 😳

thanks lads appreciate the replies

singlespeedstu

i look silly now creating this thread

No you don’t.
    I also wandered why the distance was so far out from the route length.
    Seem obvious now its been pointed out to me.
    Thanks Neil.

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

No worries folks. It had me guessing for a while too.

jameso

It lists distances there in the same way as to points of interest etc, ie distance from current location. Also took me a bit of time using it to twig to that one, ignored it at first since the routes themselves were correct.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘why is garmin edge showing wrong distance in courses menu?’ is closed to new replies.