Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Why is everything "stellar" now?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Whenever I pick up a paper or magazine or read the internet some hack is describing something as “stellar”.

Did I miss the memo where all the other superlatives were phased out in favour of this one?

Anyone else noticed this or do I need to make myself a tinfoil hat?

chakaping
    Free Member

What did people reply? STW has eaten the replies and I need to know it’s not just me.

iDave
    Free Member

‘you read shite’ maybe?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

We ran out of things that were eclectic so we’re no using up the stellar surplus. There are a lot of stars out there so we may be stuck with stellar for a while. May I suggest Stella to take the pain away, or at least transfer it to the wife. You never know making her see stars might deplete the stellar stocks more quickly.

CountZero

Betelgeus is going to blow up as a supernova next year and it’ll be like having a second sun in the sky. (Allegedly).
    That’ll be a stellar event.
    (Actually it’s media hype, it could be any time from tomorrow to a million or so years in the future. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story).

MrSparkle

This Artois is.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I’ve also noticed how much everyone uses ‘epic’ now. When did that start? Worse still, I’ve caught myself doing it! 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why is everything "stellar" now?’ is closed to new replies.