Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Why is Contador out…
  • whytetrash

Of the Spanish world champs team? any ideas?

RoterStern
    Free Member

I think it was his decision wasn't it?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

“It was difficult after the long and intense season he has had … we have spoken and concluded it was best that he doesn’t go to Mendrisio,” Spain manager Jose Luis De Santos said in a statement on the Spanish federation website

bound to be some speculation of other reasons though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rOcKeTdOg

is he the guy who got trown off the Tour a couple of years ago for drug taking or am i thinking of someone else?

aracer
    Free Member

I think he's the bloke who won some big race or other this year.

hora
    Free Member

Well there are accusations of a cover up over the Spanish drugs affair. Read into that what you will?

BigJohn

If you're world champion you have to wear that jersey and not your team sponsor's jersey.

cyclistm
    Free Member

[/quote]If you're world champion you have to wear that jersey and not your team sponsor's jersey.

BigJohn, I don't understand your point. Any team would love to have a world champ and or national champ kit as it raises the profile of the team. The world champ jersey will be incorporated into the trade team kit.

samuri
    Free Member

Well there are accusations of a cover up over the Spanish drugs affair. Read into that what you will?

That institutionalised drug taking and cheating is widespread amongst Spanish sportsmen?

anc
    Free Member

Lots of top pros duck the worlds, always have. Probably got more to do with timing rather than some drug related worry.

BigJohn

I think one guy in the Tour this year paid a fine each day he didn't wear his nat champs jersey. Its impossible to incorporate a team strip into the world champs rainbow rings, they're huge.

alwyn
    Free Member

Samuri is right, there is a big scandal with Nadal (tennis) being linked to the Ferrari affair. Contadors blood oxygen intake levels were worked out to be very high on his incredible climb in the tour.

Is Lance racing in it?

redthunder
    Free Member

Because Lance said so!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Probably because he won't win it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Why is Contador out…’ is closed to new replies.