Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Why I love this place..
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Random bloke on iternet posts asking for advice on what he can do about his carbon wheel that he has hamfistedly broken (me)

Second random bloke posts a response, then spots the OP is in same location and offers to have a look and see if anything can be done (Lightman)

Second Random bloke then takes wheel and fixes it free of charge…

Big Thanks to lightman…top bloke

mrchrispy

<likes>

sandwicheater

Fourth random bloke also likes

SaxonRider

This is my experience too, and good to be reminded on a bright Monday morning. 8)

thepodge
    Free Member

Random bloke on iternet posts asking for advice on what he can do about his carbon wheel that he has hamfistedly broken (me)

Second random bloke posts a response, then spots the OP is in same location and offers to have a look and see if anything can be done (Lightman) unrelated to the first bloke

Second Third Random bloke then takes wheel and fixes it free of charge… takes unnecessary offence with the Second bloke and provides a single opinion to back up why both people are wrong

Thread goes on a masive tangent and the first bloke never gets an answer

That’s my usual interaction

honourablegeorge

Hmm. What diameter was this carbon wheel?

big_scot_nanny

Another random bloke ‘likes’!

tpbiker
    Free Member

its a cx disk wheel…16mm internal.

I’d damaged the outside of the rim bead wall but the internal was still structurly sound. I know what you are thinking…is it safe…

Lee clearly knows what he is doing and repair is good. To be honest I think you could have ridden it as was (tyre inflated to high PSI no issues), but after the repair I have full confidence.

Besides..its a rear trye…whats the worst that can happen 😉

matt_outandabout

Did you just call all of STW “random”? 😡

😛

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another random bloke “likes”. 8)

CX Disc wheels set you mentioned, which brand?? Weight? Width ? Blah di Blah..

Klunk
    Free Member

wee in his shoes it’s the only way to say thanks

jonba
    Free Member

I like it because you can get advice on anything from work problems, flights to Mongolia, DIY and even fixing your bike. All sorts of people with all sorts of experience.

That and the odd thread that is comedy genius.

sharkattack

I like to not read previous replies, tell the OP he doesn’t want what he thinks he wants and just recommend whatever I’ve got.

ThePinkster

I like to not read previous replies, tell the OP he doesn’t want what he thinks he wants and just recommend whatever I’ve got.

That’s a bit random.

granny_ring

LOL @ shark, and what’s wrong with that? 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

DIY carbon repairs?

People get flamed for less!

And it wasn’t a spoon…

cokie

Similar experience- sell a frame to a random local rider (Thrustyjust). Have a nice chat. Subsequently sell a rear wheel to random person. Turns out he knows random local rider, who then supplies me with a box to post the wheel in!
    STW makes the community spirit come alive 😆 !

sharkattack

That’s a bit random standard practice.

Took me a while to get the hang of it but when you do the threads make much more sense. You can’t just read them chronologically you have to visualise the discussion in three dimensions.

matt_outandabout

DIY carbon repairs?

People get flamed for less!

And it wasn’t a spoon…

😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Some random bloke has just posted the link to my thread where random people just gave me the advice to get the full payout from the insurance just before i tried to do the same.

How random is that?

avdave2

Random: are you sure?

[video]http://vsauce.com/vsauce1/#/play/Vsauce/9rIy0xY99a0[/video]

jekkyl

This forum is brill. I enjoy the bike repair/build experience. You can post pretty much anytime of the day with a query or a problem and you’ll have several replies in a matter of minutes. I’ve also met a few people off here and I’ve dealt with several buying & selling and my experience has always been excellent.

lightman
    Free Member

Glad I could help 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

randomblokeworldapproved

atlaz
    Free Member

Sometimes STW is awesome. Sometimes it is very much not. The awesome parts tend to be more frequent, particularly the ones where people help (either with moral support or actual support).

Poopscoop

Cant help thinking the OP has just tagged the Respondent (Lightman) in case it all goes South really fast (including a whiplash injury)after his repair? 😀

Off to bed now,

Signed Poopscoop (aka Ambulance_Chaser) on other litigaga…. sorry, other…. biking forums.

(No win, no fee. Terms and conditions may apply.)

Ahem.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Why I love this place..’ is closed to new replies.