Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Why I love days like these..
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Bright, breezy warm spring days, with the first hint of summer's calling. Fresh green smells rising in expectant waves from the vegetation. Birds calling back and forth in the trees. The growing excitement of possibilities for long, dusty two wheeled adventures beneath blissfully painted-blue skies.

It rekindles all the best bits I from when I first got into mountain biking. 17 years old, Marin Eldridge, my first SPD's and saving up for that next silly shiny bit of anodised upgrade, out all day for a club ride on a Sunday, wearing a silly mushroom-shaped polystyrene helmet, collecting Mint Sauce stickers and returning home in the evening tired, hungry and covered in dust, mud and cuts.

Happy times! 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

It was wet and slow here today, got mud on my carpets when I got the bike home and everything 🙁

Looks sunny again now though so hopefully it'll keep up for next weekend as I'm having a go on Cannock Phase 2 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

Damp start here too but was better riding for it

swamp_boy

Yep – best part of the year – between the trails drying out and the nettles growing. And the bluebells are coming on well round here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Why I love days like these..’ is closed to new replies.